The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 vs S550 Rear Lower Control Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First, I love this forum. There are a lot of smart people here and I love the knowledge being shared.
I know that the guys a Vorshlag did some testing of GT350 springs, comparing the Track Pack springs to the GT350R and in that comparison they found that the left rear GT350 spring would actually fit both sides of the standard S550. Has anyone looked into those arms further to see what else besides the coil pocket is different? I have a set of the base GT350 monotube dampers and I was going to install them with the Ford Performance sway bars and springs. Wondering if Ford gave the left GT350 control arm a different bushing than the S550 and that is why the part number is different. In other words same arm different bushings.

TMO Supporting Vendors