The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is interesting, a Galpin Ford invoice that was posted on a Ford Truck website shows the shipping weight of a track pack car at 3,512 lbs. That would meant a R could be close to 3,400 lbs. Not sure how accurate that is but let's hope it's right!

@jmbboss302
@cloud9

2016-Shelby-GT350-Invoice.jpg

I hope that that weight is, at least directionally, correct. if my non-electronics package R comes in at 3,400 lbs I'll be ecstatic. I'm thinking it'll, more likely be 3,500+ lbs though.

I had a really interesting chat with some folks out at MMP yesterday as I was inquiring about the Raptor Assault and other road classes that I might do before they shut down (though it sounds as if there's a good chance that an investor group will step in and fund the continuing operations at MM|||P (which is good news).

We got on the subject of the GT350R and two of the guys (one was the head instructor) had spent a good chunk of time in the car after some of the press videos we've seen of the cars running MMP)...they were absolutely gushing about the performance of the car...they said they were blown away! In particular, they went on about the composure of the rear end when bouncing off curbs (said that they were having a hard time getting the rear to break loose at all no matter how hard they hit the curbing...especially versus the S197 cars) and the brakes, brakes, brakes!
I am getting sooo jacked about this car!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
^Well it's always better to start with lower expectations and have them exceeded upon delivery!

I think by the metrics alone, somebody would have to be brain dead to be unimpressed after a test drive.

fuhrius said:
We got on the subject of the GT350R and two of the guys (one was the head instructor) had spent a good chunk of time in the car after some of the press videos we've seen of the cars running MMP)...they were absolutely gushing about the performance of the car...they said they were blown away! In particular, they went on about the composure of the rear end when bouncing off curbs (said that they were having a hard time getting the rear to break loose at all no matter how hard they hit the curbing...especially versus the S197 cars) and the brakes, brakes, brakes!
Six weeks from Friday we'll find out for ourselves. :p

fuhrius said:
I hope that that weight is, at least directionally, correct. if my non-electronics package R comes in at 3,400 lbs I'll be ecstatic. I'm thinking it'll, more likely be 3,500+ lbs though.

I had a really interesting chat with some folks out at MMP yesterday as I was inquiring about the Raptor Assault and other road classes that I might do before they shut down (though it sounds as if there's a good chance that an investor group will step in and fund the continuing operations at MM|||P (which is good news).

Funny you mentioned the brakes three times. I keep saying that's the thing I'm most looking forward to about the car. I'm probably missing the point because I'm sure the FPC will be amazing and so will the suspension, but right now my greatest weak point on the Boss is the brakes. That could probably be helped with a big brake kit, but I didn't want to invest in that at this point with the 350 on the way. I agree I'm pretty excited about it too.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel