The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350R-C takes 1-2 at Daytona Opener

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

http://www.motorsport.com/imsa-others/news/mustang-1-2-in-daytona-s-ctsc-opener-670554/

Small field but always good to win!

Hopefully our GT350's just went up in value. ;)

I was just happy to see them flogging that Voodoo and it just kept going. Helps with my confidence in the new engine. :) What an impressive showing. It was fun watching Billy Johnson reel in the P-car and then blow right by him.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
What an impressive season opener for the GT350R-C, Teams, Drivers and the car. Yes a few shake down races last year showed a lot of promise for the car, but for a new car to pull down a 1, 2 finish is just amazing.

IIRC, it took about a year for the Boss 302R race program to take off and dominate the field like that.

I suspect this trend will continue which makes me wonder if we will see a mid season "Rules Change" to hamstring the new GT350R-C success similar to what happened to the Boss 302 teams in 2012?

Congrats to Ford, MultiMatic, and the new team for a job well done.

Enjoy it,
302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors