The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheels on S197?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone know if the GT350R wheels would fit on the S197 Chassis? I'm assuming the rear would fit with some wheel poke but what about the fronts? since its an 11" wheel. Anyone running a similar offset and wheel size up front?

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
What offset do the GT350R front wheels come in?

I can tell you that 11" wide wheels in 18" will sort of fit on a S197 if the effective offset is somewhere in the mid +30's. Tires would have to be no more than 300 mm wide as measured on 11" wide wheels, though. On 19x11, you might pick up a few more mm of actual tire width.

285/35-18 MPSS (which measure about 300 wide on 11") on 11" wide Forgestars with a little under 1.5 mm clearance to the Koni yellows. Not sure what the actual offset was any more but I don't think it was any less positive than +35. OE ride height as shown, though the car has been lowered half an inch in the suspension since with no ill effects.
full.jpg

Norm

TMO Supporting Vendors