The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350R Carbon Fiber wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi Everyone, I need some assistance here. I am picking up my R today and when I went yesterday to inspect it I noticed that the front wheels have the white porcelain exposed behind the spokes. It looks like the finish process wasn't complete. The backs are fine. Has anyone had this issue? I told the dealer that it doesn't look right and they need to look into it. Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you!

home

Hopefully I did this right...attached is a picture of the right front wheel. Thanks again!

Really? first I heard of it. I googled images and they all looked painted on the inside. Is there a reason why they couldn't finish it? Seeing black looks a lot nicer than the white.

Thank you all !! Picking it up today, Watkins Glen with the R in June with Phoenix CMR. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Summit924 said:
Really? first I heard of it. I googled images and they all looked painted on the inside. Is there a reason why they couldn't finish it? Seeing black looks a lot nicer than the white.

Black anything in general will absorb much more black body radiation. When you see front rotors glowing, that means they are well into the temp range where they start emitting lots of energy via radiation. If you lived on the equator and wanted to keep the inside of your car as cool as possible, would you pick a white or black car?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel