GT350R Engine #3 and the problems continue!

Discussion in 'GT350 and S550 Technical Forum' started by FogCitySF, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

Crap, two words, yet I can read between the lines of this note from my Brighton Blue Boss Buddy. Frankly, two words and this is one of the funniest things you have said in months!!!!! I bow to you, oh Wordsmith of the Rockies.

Can't ramble anymore , still laughing!

OCPONY likes this.
  2. FogCitySF

FogCitySF 2017 GT350R

Totally..there's a reason I only posted in this forum about my experience. Opinions on the other site are like you know what.... everybody has one! (and any suggestions offer nothing in the way of solutions). Kudos to keeping this site very well run and informative!

byronj likes this.
  3. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

Thanks! We do our best but it's the members that keep it running smoothly and have all of the valuable info.

TymeSlayer, byronj and FogCitySF like this.
  4. Swine

Swine TMO Advanced

Ive always loved GT350's, the trans am esque look, the high revving ripping na motor with FPC sound, and much improved interior and demeanor over S197's. But i continue to arrive at the conclusion i need to stick with my Boss until some of the 350's woes can be better supported or dismissed over time and miles. I certainly couldnt afford to buy a 350 and replace an engine out of warranty. So thats that.

FogCitySF likes this.
  5. Kevin Guzniczak

Kevin Guzniczak TMO Advanced

I understand that. As a GT350 owner I love the feel of the car on track and the sound of that screaming motor. I’m at 26k miles without issue so far. She is my warmer weather daily driver and track car. I run good oil (amsoil). I also don’t let her over rev. I shift typically 7500-8000 max on track. On the street it’s typically less for normal driving. No need to wring it’s neck every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. AustinGT350

AustinGT350 TMO Intermediate

30% of the engines would be outrageous.

If I remember correctly, the Ford/Navistar debacle with the 6.0 stated 20% of those engines had issues and that's regarded as one of the most problematic engines that I can remember.

Also, these cars are bad ass. Sorry to hear about your car OP. Hopefully it's some stupid sensor.

TymeSlayer, FogCitySF and honeybadger like this.