The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 GT350R Race Car Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Rookie? No one here will call you that, finishing just one spot out of the trophies on your first NASA Nationals. Very impressive my friend and I look forward to seeing you at Autobahn in October. I will be the guy with the long rope and grappling hook , hoping to snag the back of your wing so I can stay somewhat close to the Grey Beast!!!

Super impressed with your run and no need to be so modest, 4th is fantastic at the Nationals -- wow!!!!!

Paul@PAE

Supporting Vendor
Nick, just wanted to clarify the incident going into the Keyhole. Brian was leading the race when on lap 2 his coolshirt box strap failed, dumping water which caused a snap spin in the carousel. He slowly drove through the grass to get back on track, (which apparently still covered his brake ducts), which dropped him back to 6th place. With no indication of a problem he worked his way back to 3rd with his sights on 2nd. Hitting his normal brake point he found a hard pedal and no stopping power. 1300+psi brake pressure and cooked brake pads.
Glad that you were not involved, and thankfully heads up driving by the other driver kept it from being a worse situation.

Congratulations! And a few more photos earlier from our ace photographers at the race.

IMG_2841.JPG
IMG_2177 2.JPG

TMO Supporting Vendors