The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350R Rear Seat Delete From Ford Performance

Would you buy a FP GT350R RSD Kit for your Mustang?

• Yes at a price less than the OEM kit

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Yes at any price

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No it's useless

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So far Ford Performance has only offered a rear seat kit for GT350R owners. With the Boss 302 they offered the RSD kit from LS and many Boss and S197 owners bought and installed the kit including me. If you own or have a GT350 or S550 Mustang on order would you like the ability to purchase the RSD kit from Ford Performance which usually means the kit will cost less than purchasing it as a OEM piece?

Please vote and post comments in the thread.

The OEM piece looks so much nicer than aftermarket kits. 8)

IMG_6123_zpsso5oewh1.jpg

Thanks Rick for putting this one up and generating discussion. This is an item worthy of consideration in an S550 just as much as it was in an S197. Ford deemed the X brace as unnecessary in the R model and I'd have no problem going without it on my Track Pack GT350. I'm looking for tasteful closure/weight loss in concert with rear seat removal and would be thrilled to add the R model hardware. My hope for a complete kit would include:

- the R model mat
- bolts
- foam blocks
- empty rear seat belt bezels (normal S550's have belts passing through them, the R model had bezels to fill the void but without belts)

The price isn't cheap for the factory engineered components but they are the highest quality you'll find. A Ford Racing Part such as this would most likely be less expensive than piecing a kit together from service parts. My fingers are crossed that Ford Racing is convinced to add this one to the catalog!

We wouldn’t think many GT350Rs would need to be pressed into carpool duty, and if one did want to occasionally stuff a couple passengers into the back of your muscle Mustang, then we’d think a GT350, with or without the Track Package, would serve just fine. But Shelby customers have spoken, even if somewhat nonsensically.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-mustang-shelby-gt350r-gets-its-back-seat-back-as-a-999-extra/

Dear Ford,

if R owners don't want the cookie you gave them can us lowly GT350 owners at least have a crack at the delete kit through Ford Racing Parts?

Austin
Since Ford is already tight with Watson Racing, it would be nice if FP would sell Watson's roll bar along with a backseat delete as a package.
A man can dream. :)

I'd love to keep the car factory, but absolutely crazy that the RSD retails for $2200 via Ford parts vs the seat kit at $999 from Ford Performance. Especially when the total available market for the RSD is much larger than the seat kit for the ultra exclusive R that most normal folks can't even get their hands on. It's equivalent to getting kicked in the groin, twice.

Anderson Composites has a CF RSD cheaper than Fords.
http://andersoncomposites.com/products/carbon-fiber-rear-seat-delete-for-2015-2016-ford-mustang
It's the best looking RSD I have seen. I'm installing the Watson Rollbar right now so I am considering Anderson's RSD myself.

It looks nice and all, but Id be worried a stiff CF piece like that acting like a subwoofer band pass box with all the trunk noise.

I just finished installing my RSD kit and other than the holes not lining up very well it was pretty simple. I went with the quick install which means I did not remove the inside panels and remove the shoulder belts. I'll do that in a few weeks when I install my roll bar. In order to remove the latches for the seat backs you'll need to drill holes large enough to fit a Torx bit in to unscrew the four bolts. You're going to drill two holes anyway for the RSD install so drilling two more is no big deal and nobody will ever see them.

9B137E50-6FA6-4531-BB07-BED53E30AF6D_zpsynsxd9sc.jpg
90AB5497-379C-4EC3-8D34-1114E5772D27_zpsg9kwt5mk.jpg

why did they form fit the bottom section of the RSD. Would it not of been the same just going straight across.

Looks real nice by the way! Will be killer with the bar mounted in there. Did you get your bar Power Coated RR?

I took out my interior panels in preparation for my roll bar install and finally removed my rear seat belts. I didn't need to remove the small panels covering the air bag curtain to remove them. The RSD kit comes with replacement plastic pieces where the seat belts go and I decided to fill the slots with some black styrofoam I had lying around. Nobody will ever notice it but I didn't like the idea of them being open.

BD16E588-E951-4ECD-A9FE-978CB05DD089_zpsaylqsquo.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel