GT350R Sparco Seat Install

Discussion in 'GT350 and S550 Technical Forum' started by Quick, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Quick

Quick TMO Intermediate

Hi Everyone,

I’m about to swap a pair of Sparco Evo 2 seats into my GT350R for track days. The plan is to swap the factory Recaros back in for the street, so I don’t want to do any permanent modification.

I saw a previous thread discussing what was needed on a GT to do this, but I’m curious what are the requirements for the GT350R setup.

Part numbers for associated pigtails would be great as I saw somewhere that a resistor needed to be wired into a pigtail of some sort.

Also saw that a pressure switch and position switch needed to be migrated over, but I’m not sure if that’s true on the Recaros as well.

2. steveespo

steveespo Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child Moderator

Quick, Just unbolt the seats, unplug the harnesses and pull them out. Put race seat in and live with the lights. Doesn't affect on track performance at all. I swap race seats in and out in 15 minutes.
    Steve

VoodooBoss likes this.
  3. spartan

spartan TMO Race

Sparco and Planted Seat make seat mount brackets you can use with 4 bolts to mount to the seat to the floor.

steveespo and VoodooBoss like this.
  4. Quick

Quick TMO Intermediate

The seat base isn’t the issue. I’m actually working with VAC Motorsports on their seat bases which I have used previously.

I’m mostly concerned about the wiring harness and getting the lights to stay off if I decide to keep the track seat in the car for a while.

5. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

Hopefully one of our vendors will have one available soon too.