The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350R Sparco Seat Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi Everyone,

I’m about to swap a pair of Sparco Evo 2 seats into my GT350R for track days. The plan is to swap the factory Recaros back in for the street, so I don’t want to do any permanent modification.

I saw a previous thread discussing what was needed on a GT to do this, but I’m curious what are the requirements for the GT350R setup.

Part numbers for associated pigtails would be great as I saw somewhere that a resistor needed to be wired into a pigtail of some sort.

Also saw that a pressure switch and position switch needed to be migrated over, but I’m not sure if that’s true on the Recaros as well.

Sparco and Planted Seat make seat mount brackets you can use with 4 bolts to mount to the seat to the floor.

The seat base isn’t the issue. I’m actually working with VAC Motorsports on their seat bases which I have used previously.

I’m mostly concerned about the wiring harness and getting the lights to stay off if I decide to keep the track seat in the car for a while.

Sparco and Planted Seat make seat mount brackets you can use with 4 bolts to mount to the seat to the floor.
Hopefully one of our vendors will have one available soon too.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel