The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350R Valvesprings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Surprised I haven't seen this discussed yet:

How similar in design are the GT350R heads to the Boss/Coyote TiVCT heads? I know there's some differences in the head (lighter, larger valves thanks to the larger bores, and more lift at 14mm). With that being said, the architecture looks amazingly similar in the valvetrain (the followers almost look like the coyote ones as best I can tell). If they're moving a larger valve more distance at a higher RPM than what the Boss cars are, I wonder if this is the next great drop-in spring opportunity for us.

Anyone have any info on this?

I'll check with Ford Performance.

VooDooBOSS said:
I'll check with Ford Performance.

I'm holding off on my engine build until I can get the gt350 heads and some radical cams that match them. Boss engine will be built up into a wicked mill for a road race Fox body. :)

The wider valve spacing and high flow of the new GT350 heads are something we need.

TMSBOSS said:
The wider valve spacing and high flow of the new GT350 heads are something we need.

Will the wider valve area fit in the Boss/Coyote 5.0 block?

Will flow as well close to the cylinder walls?

You need the 94mm bore to make it work - that's what I've been told. it will bolt right up to the normal intake and headers. Our Boss 302 heads are a work of art, this head is the next level of same.

TMO Supporting Vendors