The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gt350r vs.gt 350? Noob questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well with the R's limit of what 500 cars per yr they will always fetch a higher price but any dealer that wants 50k over is crazy. I hope they like that car because they are going to have it for a long time. I would think the std 350 with track pack would be the best deal at MSRP.

For 2017 they made about 1000 R's, so you can always use that as part of a bargaining chip as far as exclusivity is concerned.

Apaprently the timing chains are different as well

o_O

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6004-GT350PC

Last edited:

mattlqx

Mustangless
For 2017 they made about 1000 R's, so you can always use that as part of a bargaining chip as far as exclusivity is concerned.

Well, it's anyone's guess at this point. MY2017 isn't and won't be done for another few months yet. They're shipping cars into the late 500s now, I would imagine they will do close to a 1000 for MY17, but it's far from being past tense yet.

Bay Area
Any update or you going back to the vette?

@mattlqx , technically they are still just an assembled engine, from a short mass produced line. But what would I know? (Insert sarcasm here) :)

Last edited:
Any update or you going back to the vette?

@mattlqx , technically they are still just an assembled engine, from a short mass produced line. But what would I know?

At this point am looking at both, all options are open, gotta be black. My fav. color. I think the 350/350r is stunning in black. Maybe a 2018. As a previous post mused, patience is the key to not overpaying. My DD/Autox/Track car now is 04 c5z06 with lots of suspension mods so it's not like I am stuck in a Prius.
Yesterday a dealer (girl) called me with a local black 350 for 10k over sticker. I sort of laughed in her face. There are a lot of dealers smokin' doobie's and trolling for sucker's. So I am having fun with them. And I'm one (a dealer). Mostly they don't realize that.
I bid online for a 2013 c6z black loaded 3lz plus more that originally stickered about 115k. Had 20k miles. Dealer wanted 49 & offered 41, no deal. Car is still listed on the auction. Winter is coming. My c5z I bought the week b4 xmas. That's when you get a deal/steal.

Bay Area
Good luck man. I found two black 17s and had my choice both at only 1K ADM. but then the recall issue put them on hold and I was over it. If I run into any in my area I'll let you know,

Thanks, I have no problem buying a new one in Timbucktoo and shipping, used would be a different story, gotta see it. BTW at dealer auctions for a reasonable extra fee (a few hundred) you can buy a no questions asked return (to the nearest auction site).

I am (patiently) looking.

Fun. A lot of folks dread having to look for and buy a car. Most of us here I suspect enjoy it.

Bay Area
Thanks, I have no problem buying a new one in Timbucktoo and shipping, used would be a different story, gotta see it. BTW at dealer auctions for a reasonable extra fee (a few hundred) you can buy a no questions asked return (to the nearest auction site).

I am (patiently) looking.

Fun. A lot of folks dread having to look for and buy a car. Most of us here I suspect enjoy it.

I got a lead on three. My last talk with them was 1k ADM. they had a 350'R, well it went for 35k, ADM (stupid) but if you want I will give you the guys direct number.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel