The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT4 mustang model kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
So who else watched the series on MotorTrend TV of Steve Magnante building hot rod car models during the COVID lockdown? He was making some interesting mix-and-match modifications. Though I cringed when he'd say, "This kit from the 80's is no longer made and very rare, but it has a better <insert part here> so I'm going to steal that for this build."

The 1/10 scale RC version kit:
The static 1/24 scale kit:
The kit I am building currently in photo.

IMG_9269[10003].jpg

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
It's crazy how expensive model kits are these days. I bought a couple new kits when the pandemic first started and I was furloughed. I started working on them but quickly realized that I had website work to get done. One of these days I'll get to them.

I probably have 10-15 kits waiting to be built. And I tend to overthink the details so it takes me forever to build them. I found a Coyote motor kit on eBay that looks really good, was planning to put that in one of the Ford F100 truck kits. There's some really cool stuff now for scale models with all of the 3D printing going on.

It's crazy how expensive model kits are these days.
In my earlier days, don't forget I'm over 40 now.............I used to buy models to build for a couple of bucks....I made Fire birds, GTO's and a Giant Mustang I got for Christmas one year....The hardest part was painting them....My last project was a Dale Earhardt Race car in "92 that never got finished due to events beyond my control............long story...................

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
In my earlier days, don't forget I'm over 40 now.............I used to buy models to build for a couple of bucks....I made Fire birds, GTO's and a Giant Mustang I got for Christmas one year....The hardest part was painting them....My last project was a Dale Earhardt Race car in "92 that never got finished due to events beyond my control............long story...................
When I was in my teens I remember the cost being around $15 for a kit. I'm 45, so... that was a while ago. But damn, I can't imagine many kids are spending money on those kits with as expensive as they are now.

When I was in my teens I remember the cost being around $15 for a kit. I'm 45, so... that was a while ago. But damn, I can't imagine many kids are spending money on those kits with as expensive as they are now.
The kids arn't. The parents are. 😆 Way different than when we grew up. Unless we got something for a birthday or Christmas we had to save up for our stuff....

TMO Supporting Vendors