The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT500 18" @ LMR on Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I run those same wheels on my 2012 GT on the track. I'd been running Micky Thompson Street Comps in 275 / 40 / r18, but the rears are shot after this year's University of VARA.

I might start a thread here looking for recommendations in that tire size. I've got Hankook Ventus Evo's that I run on Track Pack wheels on the street...

bamnq6 said:
I run those same wheels on my 2012 GT on the track. I'd been running Micky Thompson Street Comps in 275 / 40 / r18, but the rears are shot after this year's University of VARA.

I might start a thread here looking for recommendations in that tire size. I've got Hankook Ventus Evo's that I run on Track Pack wheels on the street...
Welcome to TMO. Depending on how much you want to spend I'd look at Nitto NT01's or Hankook RS-3's.

bamnq6 said:

I shopped around and got Falken RT615K 's 295 rear, 255 front. Only ran one of the SCCA Track night to cycles them in. Lot of BMW guys like these. Just make sure the "K" is what anybody has on sale. The straight 615 looks identical but the compound is more for AX and they will get greasy after about 5-6 laps. The K's stay consistant.

TMO Supporting Vendors