The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT500 Cooling Fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo said:
Sean I remember that it was said to flow 15% more than stock Boss fan. Trick is to have tuner set the on temperature to 175 degrees CHT.
Steve
Isn't this the one with the vent louvers as well? They open just from the air passing through the front of the car irrespective of whether the fan is running. That's the fan I have and I thought it was the GT500 fan.

The only reason why I really asked was because I know JPC has a low profile fan that flows 4400cfm and I would think that a fan that flows more air would help with cooling on the track a little bit. Once I can get the car up and running I would like to take it on the track and have some fun.

steveespo said:
Sean I remember that it was said to flow 15% more than stock Boss fan. Trick is to have tuner set the on temperature to 175 degrees CHT.
Steve

Thanks Steve, I will let JPC know that!! I will probably keep the fan but just trying to keep my options open for the time being.

cloud9 said:
Isn't this the one with the vent louvers as well? They open just from the air passing through the front of the car irrespective of whether the fan is running. That's the fan I have and I thought it was the GT500 fan.

Yes sir, that is one!

Hi Sean. I installed this fan and could tell no difference in ECT. Eventually installed a Saleen grille and max ECT on track dropped from about 250 to about 215. If you go to the track just be prepared to remove your grille. Yellowboss posted a good thread on this site with instructions. Speaking of yellowboss, he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. Whatever happened to him?

I may go and grab A Saleen grill, I have always loved the way they look. I recently took a dremel to my Boss 302S grill and opened it up a little so hopefully that will help some.

Sean said:
I may go and grab A Saleen grill, I have always loved the way they look. I recently took a dremel to my Boss 302S grill and opened it up a little so hopefully that will help some.
The billet style grille is THE most effectve cooling mod.

TMO Supporting Vendors