The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT500 Exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tlavalle said:
Every once in while I fall ass backwards into a great deal. Next mod for me is the 2014 GT500 brake package. 6 piston fronts with 15 inch rotors and the 13.8 inch rears. I already have a line on a set of take offs from another 2014 that a guy put super snake wilwoods on his car. Just negotiating a price.
Your car looks great!
After the GT500 track pkg. wheels, the GT500 valance and dual quad mufflers, the GT500 15" brakes? Brilliant!
When do you do the seat skins in leather (GT500 take-off) with a red Boss logo stitching instead of the snake?
Would be a first I think.

Tlavalle said:
Every once in while I fall ass backwards into a great deal. Next mod for me is the 2014 GT500 brake package. 6 piston fronts with 15 inch rotors and the 13.8 inch rears. I already have a line on a set of take offs from another 2014 that a guy put super snake wilwoods on his car. Just negotiating a price.
Got the GT500 brake set. Should have them on in a couple weeks. Not looking forward to replacing the rear brackets, don't want to open the rear end. Wish there were extension brackets for the calipers.

There are (BAER) but not quite exact for the OEM rear disc diameter...14" vs 13.8"

You find full set of take off skins (with Recaro option) from 600 to 900$

Tlavalle said:
Wish there were extension brackets for the calipers.
Calling Steve at Blowfish Racing. That is a great idea for someone to make some money. Would be nice to use the OEM 13.8" rotors and not have to pull the axles.

GB218

TMO Addict
Tlavalle,

Thanks for taking the videos. It sounds GREAT!!! Nice old school sound. 8)

Definitely on my mod and Christmas list.

GB218

cosm3os said:
I also prefer the 11-12. That big 4 inch looks like it belongs there. CAUTION: the tips will slice the shiznit out of your fingers when you wash them. You've been warned!

+1. I'm a bit of a purist and prefer to keep the single pipe. Painting the rear of the mufflers flat black makes a big improvement in the appearance of the car from the rear.

Glenn

Still plays with cars...
Omaha
Agree on painting the back of the mufflers flat back - looks great! I also spent of a couple of hours polishing the tips with some Mothers metal polish and a polishing wheel on my drill. Amazing improvement, gets rid of the coarse factory polishing marks and really smooths out the finish. They look like chrome tips now.

TMO Supporting Vendors