The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT500 Fan Assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Just got a tip from BMO member Jschier that the 2013 GT500 Fan Assembly is available from RockAuto.com (as a Motorcraft OEM replacement part) for significantly less than other outlets selling the FRPP part.

$185ish plus shipping. (Although now they are showing $215 after my order).

Search part RF284, or look it up under the 2013 GT500 parts list.

Jschier can confirm it's the genuine part we're all interested in here.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Yes... it is a MotorCraft part and has SVT as a raised stamp on it.

RockAuto is a great place to get OEM and OEM replacement parts. If you google RockAuto Discounts, you can also find 2-5% codes to drop the price further.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Yeah, +1 on RockAuto, I've ordered many parts from them in the past. I didn't even think to look this up as an OEM replacement part, though!

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Just as an update...

Installed the GT500 fan last Thursday. Ran the car at High Plains Raceway all weekend. Still had overheating issues. Still had to pull the grill. Elevation is just under 5100' above see level. Ambient temps were in the 90* range (Track surface temps anywhere from 100* - 140* during the weekend).

We'll see how it does at Hastings in a couple of weeks.

John

JScheier said:
Just as an update...

Installed the GT500 fan last Thursday. Ran the car at High Plains Raceway all weekend. Still had overheating issues. Still had to pull the grill. Elevation is just under 5100' above see level. Ambient temps were in the 90* range (Track surface temps anywhere from 100* - 140* during the weekend).

We'll see how it does at Hastings in a couple of weeks.

John
Gotta get that Tiger hood, stock hood makes the engine more a cooking utensil then an engine.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
ArizonaGT said:
John:
Do you have an Air-to-Oil cooler installed?
My SVT Fan should arrive today according to fedex tracking...

Yup. FRPP Air-to-Oil cooler installed. 302S Aluminum Radiator installed. Tiger Racing Hood installed.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
JScheier said:
Yup. FRPP Air-to-Oil cooler installed. 302S Aluminum Radiator installed. Tiger Racing Hood installed.

shiznit.

Time to start short-shifting, I guess. Based on the dyno sheet I got on my car when it was stock, max power occurred around 7000 RPM, then stayed flat until 7500.
I would shift at 7K when I didn't need to hold a gear to avoid shifting. That could help you as well, potentially.

Unless you're already doing that, as well :)

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
ArizonaGT said:
Time to start short-shifting, I guess. Based on the dyno sheet I got on my car when it was stock, max power occurred around 7000 RPM, then stayed flat until 7500.
I would shift at 7K when I didn't need to hold a gear to avoid shifting. That could help you as well, potentially.
Unless you're already doing that, as well :)

Been there, done that... got the coolant to spray as a reward :)

Pemberton was there this weekend... he got the hot as well.

Altitude... it's a biznitch!

TMO Supporting Vendors