The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT500 Mufflers 2013 Quads Installed (AED Lopey)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Since removing Cats, going to AED Tune, the Roush Extreme A/B's got ridiculous. Nice barking turned into cannon shots!

Then I decided to go with X Pipe, so we could install the Griggs Torque Arm. Sold the Roush and just installed 2013 GT500 Mufflers (quad pipes)

I really like the deep muscle car sound. Loud, but not raspy; no more cannon shots, just some bubbles and barks on decel. No more drone at 60 mph (2100rpm).

Here's a short video with AED Lopey Tune.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6NRzDiIrvo[/youtube]

I have been wanting to go with the quad tip GT500 mufflers also. The thing that held me back mainly is the need to trim the rear bumper for the new valence. Was this a huge deal? Besides the mufflers and the valence are there any other components needed?

WorldFamousZ said:
I have been wanting to go with the quad tip GT500 mufflers also. The thing that held me back mainly is the need to trim the rear bumper for the new valence. Was this a huge deal? Besides the mufflers and the valence are there any other components needed?

The only items needed are the mufflers and valence. My installer said he DID NOT have to cut the bumper!

I'll email him and ask him to provide with the specifics and post and I'll post his process.

you only have to cut/drill the bumper if you have a GT, which comes with no rear valence. From what i've read, if you have a boss, you just need the GT500 valence, which is a direct bolt on once stock valence is removed.

F.D. I believe that is exactly what my installer told me. I was waiting to hear from him to verify. The Boss and Shelby have the same rear bumper cover; no cutting necessary.

Thanks

WinterSucks said:
I love that look. Saw it in person on a 2013 GT and it went on my list! Was the video taken with side baffles removed or does the x-pipe cut those out?

X Pipe with no side pipes.

I really loved the H/Side exhausts; however, in making the decision for better handling/performance; we installed a Griggs Racing Torque Arm; this part would not work with H pipe, etc. Went to FRPP X Pipe. Wouldn't trade the Torque Arm for the H/Sides, etc..

Not trying to steal the thread but,,,,

F.D. you car looks awesome, amazing how the right wheel changes the car. :) :) :)

gsw166 said:
Not trying to steal the thread but,,,,
F.D. you car looks awesome, amazing how the right wheel changes the car. :) :) :)

haha, it only looks good at the track, while the suspension is compressed. When at a stand-still with stock ride height, the car looks like a 4x4, but i wont post pic's of that :p

Boss949 said:
I'll help you steal the thread:

F.D. Are those wheels Forgestar F14's?

Yup, they are 18x10 +42 F14's in gunmetal.

btw, your exhaust sounds sick!
Did you purchase your mufflers used, did they come with the clamps?
I bought a set of used ones and they didn't come with clamps. I'm trying to see if the clamp are sold separately. don't want to break off the ones that are on the stock ABs.

F.D. Sako said:
haha, it only looks good at the track, while the suspension is compressed. When at a stand-still with stock ride height, the car looks like a 4x4, but i wont post pic's of that :p

Yup, they are 18x10 +42 F14's in gunmetal.

btw, your exhaust sounds sick!
Did you purchase your mufflers used, did they come with the clamps?
I bought a set of used ones and they didn't come with clamps. I'm trying to see if the clamp are sold separately. don't want to break off the ones that are on the stock ABs.

Bought new from Tousley Ford (AutoNation/Steve) with clamps

Boss949 said:
Bought new from Tousley Ford (AutoNation/Steve) with clamps

I've been looking seriously at the F14's. Can't make up my mind about color; Gunmetal or Matte Black.

You have any other pics in different light situations??

The only other non-track picture I have is this, I'll try to take some with better lighting.

IMAG0307640x480_zps75292d8e.jpg

Those were my two color choices as well (matte black and gunmetal). since stock wheels are black, I went with gunmetal.

I have also done the quad GT500 mufflers and valence on mine. I can confirm there is no cutting involved in the process, just a few clips and off is comes. In regards to the clamps, I bought my mufflers used and they didn't come with the clamps. I found that the easiest/cleanest way of doing this is to simply drill out the spot weld on the clamp rather than folding the tab until it breaks. Hope this helps.

TMO Supporting Vendors