The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT500 Steering wheel on order.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Justin that looks great. Can you give some feedback on any differences in overall size or shape versus the OE Boss wheel? Thank you!

John

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
KBBoss302 said:
Hey Justin that looks great. Can you give some feedback on any differences in overall size or shape versus the OE Boss wheel? Thank you!

John
I havent measured them or anything but it seems and feels like its the same shape and size as the boss wheel.

Justin

BOSS343 said:
difficulty of install?

and did you have to order the running pony center jobber horn activator mechanism?
install is really easy.
Disconnect battery.
remove to plugs on the side of the wheel to revel 8mm bolts remove those
pull the air bag out and unplug it
unplug the remaining harness.
unbolt the 24mm bolt holding the steering wheel in
be sure to not let the clock spring turn very far.
new wheel installs with those steps in reverse.
Easy
takes about 10 mins

the center part is your air bag that is swapped when you swap wheels.

Very nice and thanks for the install instructions.

Justin

Well after getting them side by side they are identical in size in all areas but the thumb pads. those are bigger. boss is 4.25" and the GT500 is 4.5" in diameter. I like the bigger thumb pads :)

BOSS343

Theory of 1
relatively easy install...hmm. I be thinkin this is a nice cheap mod i can do to keep myself from going crazy...as i haven't bought a thing for the Boss in MONTHS...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel