The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT500 Transmission Vent Tube Spewing on Track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have read a few threads where people have had the same problem. I do have the Shelby transmission cooling scoop.

I have always had a some transmission fluid spew out after track days but as I (and the car) get faster at the track, the more fluid is coming out.

Just finished a track day on a faster track (Autoclub Speedway) and actually got black flagged in my first run for smoke. Fluid hits the H pipe almost right away.

Has anyone come up with a better cooler setup? Or maybe the addition of a catch can? Or a better fluid to be running over the factory ATF?

Any input will be well received!

TMO Supporting Vendors