The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT500's installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForceofWill said:
So having a crappy day at work, I came home to this and immediately got ;D

HSI45Zm.jpg
0vmtZZJ.jpg
THdH0BD.jpg
0NMNgJh.jpg
IeDhWOC.jpg
RAJZm8V.jpg
ANHAKSF.jpg

I would never have thought of doing something like that but from my standpoint I think your GIHG Boss looks absolutely awesome with the GT500 exhaust!

What does the car sound like compared to the original Boss single rear exhaust on each side and do you have the baffles removed from the side exhaust?

Harry

:)

steveespo said:
Does anyon know if that valance will fit a '10-'12 rear bumper? I like the quad tips.
The look awesome but I don't think so. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a manufacturer make a 10-12 valance that can accommodate the quad tip muffler. My wallet hopes not though. :p

I have the plates removed. With the new mufflers the side pipes got a little quieter but I get a much nicer deep sound from the rear. Really evened it out. Funny side note, Tasca didn't tape up the openings before they packed them in a box with peanuts. Needless to say when I started the car it shot green foam peanuts everywhere out the tail pipes lol. :eek:

NFSBOSS said:
The look awesome but I don't think so. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a manufacturer make a 10-12 valance that can accommodate the quad tip muffler. My wallet hopes not though. :p
I believe magnaflow makes a quad exhaust system for the 11-12 Mustangs.

looks great!
this is the only exhaust mod i plan on doing, for a while at least.

I'm trying to figure out what parts i need to order, did you have to get any of the rear valence hardware?
were the boss rear reflectors not the same as the GT500s? Thanks in advance!

F.D. Sako said:
looks great!
this is the only exhaust mod i plan on doing, for a while at least.

I'm trying to figure out what parts i need to order, did you have to get any of the rear valence hardware?
were the boss rear reflectors not the same as the GT500s? Thanks in advance!

I just didn't snap the reflectors back in there. They fit tho.

1sgret said:
Did you order the parts new from Tousley Ford or elsewhere? Looks great! :)

I got them from Tasca ford. They have a website just like tousley same prices they are just faster shipping to where I'm at. I also like that they open the mufflers from ford to check for damage and then repack them better and ship.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
cant wait to see it in the daylight when I get back in a couple of weeks. I would love to get that set up on my car I really like the quad exits. only way to make it work on a 12 is to swap the bumper, taillights to a 13. hmm perhaps :) to convince the wife that the boss needs this lol

Dude, you don't mess around. Parts showed up after work and you got them on that day [night?].

Anyway, they look great. Wish they made the valance for the '12. Enjoy em!

Hermes said:
Dude, you don't mess around. Parts showed up after work and you got them on that day [night?].

if that was me, parts would've chilled in the basement for good 3 weeks before they got installed lol. Can't help it, I'm lazy :-\

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
man that looks good! i have wanted the quad tip since i saw the 13 at the auto show. it just looks like it belongs there. so wish it worked with the 10-12 bumpers. i like the 13 taillights better and now this...maybe a bumper cover conversion is in my future?

Looks awesome, i just did the same install a few weeks ago. I absolutely love the look....and suprisingly even with the side pipes completely open....it does sound better. I really didn't think it would make any sound difference with the side exhaust being so loud. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors