The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FoxBody Gut-Check Build Thread Profile - Fox Body Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
This is the Build Thread for Das-Goots. Reply below.

Re-baptizing the car and title of this build thread to better represent what it really is. My mid-to-end-of-life gut check.

DEFINITION : gut check
noun
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
  1. an evaluation or test of a person's resolve, commitment, or priorities, typically with respect to a particular course of action.
    "the gut check came when he found himself facing a broke a$$ car with a broke a$$ wallet"

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Is that square tubing welded along your door sill? I've never seen a cage done that way.
Yeah it is, and I honestly don't know much about cage setup but saw Agent 47 racing's Harbringer and liked their cage setup. Specifically the slanted door bars to allow for easy entry/exit since I would be daily driving. Also told them I might eventually go full cage. Maybe that had something to do with it? I found this pic of their car and I think you can see it's similar setup. Hard to tell though. Here's a link to an article about their car - http://www.amcarguide.com/custom/harbinger-agent-47-mustang/ Chose them since they were local to me here in San Diego and obviously track mustangs.
91-mustang-agent-47-harbinger.jpg

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Can't wait to see it back on track... do you have a shakedown track date in mind yet?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Can't wait to see it back on track... do you have a shakedown track date in mind yet?
Unfortunately not yet. Motor won't be started on for at least another 4 weeks and then will take about 5 weeks to finish. Will then have to drop it in with the rebuilt transmission and see what shakes loose. Shooting for streetable to smog n stuff. I think once the motor and transmission are in I'll be more confident in picking an event.

How about you?

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Unfortunately not yet. Motor won't be started on for at least another 4 weeks and then will take about 5 weeks to finish. Will then have to drop it in with the rebuilt transmission and see what shakes loose. Shooting for streetable to smog n stuff. I think once the motor and transmission are in I'll be more confident in picking an event.

How about you?

Cool deal and glad to hear of it, sounds like it'll be right around that point when the heat starts coming down into double digits and where there are multiple track days with NASA, Extreme Speed, OnGrid, Speed District, or Speed Ventures running something what seems to be every weekend. I forgot how nicely you had that built up, perhaps the nicest 93 Cobra that I know of.

1596127954055.png

I think the rest of SCS has grown up and apart, although Troy just got a too pretty to crash 350R Heritage Edition that I'm trying to get on the track. I'm staying busy, been lucky with my salvage grab so far, and spending the allocated rebuild things on track parts. Here's hoping for NASA Super Touring in 2021 if I don't pull a Declan beforehand. Also have another project car for endurance racing, I'd spill more on that later, but Oggi's might not let either of us in.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel