The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Guy from Brazil need urgent help in Tampa/FL area.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Hi there,
First post here so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

First of all sorry about my English as we speak Portuguese down here.
I own and drive a 2018 full road race Mustang GT here in Brazil and I decided last month it was time for a single turbo kit. Did my homework searching and felt in love with BLFAB single turbo kit.
As I always do I talked to Lethal Performance to buy it from them. They talked to BLFAB that told them that they had it in stock and asked for 7 to 10 days to ship it out.
The problem is there are 19 days since I ordered it and Fabian at Lethal Performance who is a great guy to deal with and answer my emails right away can't get an ETA or a simple email answered from BLFAB.
As I have to import it to Brazil in time for a yearly national event next month I'm afraid of being waiting for nothing and at the end of the day don't have enough time for a plan B (alternative plan).
I don't want another turbo kit because BLFAB is built exactly as I would build it but need help from someone in Tampa/FL area to check if they will ship it and when they will do it please. Please tell them their kit seems to be awesome!!!
BLFAB doesn't have a phone number I can call and Li Tunning that is a sister company from BLFAB can't be reached over the phone also.

Not here to bash on them, just need to know if and when they are going to ship it so I can be prepared and peharps find an alternative solution.

If one day any of you needs anything here in Brazil I would be more than happy to provide help.

That's me leading the pack in Interlagos GP Track in São Paulo/Brazil where I race a kind of open class series.

Musta - 1.jpeg

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
This may be a problem more extensive than TMO can help you with...if I am wrong someone will chime in.......................good luck, either way...............
Is there something that you know about them that I don't? Please tell me so I can move on to an alternative source of boost.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Bob may be referring to shipping and production delays related to COVID. Everything is late.

Turbos are not the go to for most road racers. A roots type blower is a bit more common. N/A the most common. Front end weight and heat soaking are the concerns when adding forced induction.

Calling a US business this Monday would likely have zero results. It was a national holiday and most businesses were closed. Can you give it a try again today?

Great to see you join the site. WELCOME!!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Bob may be referring to shipping and production delays related to COVID. Everything is late.
I hope they ship it i out before it gets too late for my event next month. I don't think its COVID related as they asked for a week to ship it and we are almost 3 weeks waiting

Turbos are not the go to for most road racers. A roots type blower is a bit more common. N/A the most common. Front end weight and heat soaking are the concerns when adding forced induction.
I run it N/A since 2019 and now its time for boost as the series I run is getting more and more fast cars and I'm getting behind on power.
My experience tells that turbos are better than superchargers not only for the lack of heat soak over the top SC tend to produce after a couple of laps but mainly for boost control. It's very good to have on demand different powers levels just by turning a knob on the steering wheel and with todays ECUs ( I ran a Motec M150) sensors and boost control solenoids arrangements we can have less power when I have less traction and vice versa using speed, gear, lateral and inline G, steering wheel position information to calculate and set optimum boost so that we have the maximum power for the moment. Just my 0,02 on this subject

Calling a US business this Monday would likely have zero results. It was a national holiday and most businesses were closed. Can you give it a try again today?

BLFAB don't even have a phone that I can call but they seems to produce the best single turbo kit out there

Great to see you join the site. WELCOME!!

Thank you very much. I hope I can help and be helped a lot around here.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
I will call them today, they are right across the state from me
talked to Matt in sales
He should be coming up on this forum shortly, I emailed them the link
Thank you very much!!
Matt is with BLFAB right?

Thanks again!!! I knew I would get help here.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Sandro, If you get this done, you owe us a Pepperoni pizza....TWO, if you win!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It will be my pleasure!!!! There are 104 cars from all over the country and even 2 from abroad coming for this event that will take place for the first time at my local track.
Its a Time Attack type event and we have 3 days to set the fastest lap.
I'm pretty sure that with the help from the boost we will guarantee you pizza lol.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Best of luck!! Getting anything out from the US is pretty hard now. Long delays for parts etc. We have a shipment waiting to head out to Chile thats already a month behind, with no shipping date set yet.

Hope all goes well and let us know how the turbo turns out.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Best of luck!! Getting anything out from the US is pretty hard now. Long delays for parts etc. We have a shipment waiting to head out to Chile thats already a month behind, with no shipping date set yet.

Hope all goes well and let us know how the turbo turns out.
Hope you and me get ours parts ASAP.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Just to let you all know that today 42 days after the order it seems that I received everything.
I don't know if something is missing because I couldn't hear a word from BLfab regarding it.
Its going to be here in Brazil next week and I will start the install and see if something is missing.
Thanks for the help.

TMO Supporting Vendors