The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

H&R RSS Clubsport Coilovers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CA
Has anyone had experience with the H&R RSS Clubsport coilovers? I’ve been thinking of upgrading my koni yellow/maximum Motorsport spring set up and I’m thinking of either the H&R’s or the feal 441+. Heard good things about the Feals but wanted to hear more on h&r as they are both similarly priced.

Car sees about 3 hpde track days a year but will see less street time and more track time soon (6-8 track days a year)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I have not had experience with those. Is this a pricing-driven decision?
There are options from Cortex (JRi, Koni) and Vorshlag (MCS, Bilstein) that are proven and also durable.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CA
Yea I’ve narrowed it down to these 2 based on cost mostly.
I did noticed the rear shocks are not adjustable which was disappointing but also may make my life easier if they’re properly set up like the Kenny brown review states. But what is the adjustment range on the fronts?

I don’t know much about the H&R dampers but a friend on mine used the Eibach dampers, the R2 if I recall correctly, and he was very pleased with them. He was running 500 pound springs up front.

Has anyone had experience with the H&R RSS Clubsport coilovers? I’ve been thinking of upgrading my koni yellow/maximum Motorsport spring set up and I’m thinking of either the H&R’s or the feal 441+. Heard good things about the Feals but wanted to hear more on h&r as they are both similarly priced.

Car sees about 3 hpde track days a year but will see less street time and more track time soon (6-8 track days a year)

Facts-
I've had the RSS coilovers on my daily driven Bullitt for 4 years - street miles only so far. I also have the softer springs (570f/460r). I've run both sets of springs and I'm currently running 630f/460r. Ride heights are set up based on geometry and not stance. The shocks/struts are actually monotube and made by Bilstein. The fronts are single-adj, compression and rebound, 12-clicks. The rears are not adjustable.

My opinions-
For the money they are the best kept secret out there. A few people hated on them online, a few years back, and no one seems to like them. The bad reviews were based on improper set up and/or misinformation. A lot of people seem to have something to say about them, but very few have actually run them. Riding around with preloaded, bound-up swaybars, and/or improper ride-heights are no-no's at these spring rates.

I think the RSS spring rates and valving are really best suited for racing slicks (and maybe 100tw or less street tires). Meaning the RSS's have too much spring rate for anything but slicks and the absolute stickiest of street tires. The Street Performance coilovers are the same thing with softer spring rates and valving, and would be better suited to street tires; however, the struts are not adjustable.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CA
So I’ve decided to go with the feal 441+ with swift springs.
Now to pick spring rates..
They come preset with 8k(front) and 6k(rear) which would be 450#f/335#r
I was thinking of maybe running 500 or 550# up front and keep the rears at 335#
Any recommendations?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CA
Anyone have any input on the spring rates?
It would be greatly appreciated..

I'll comment so maybe others may benefit even though the OP made his decision.
I replaced Koni SA and MM springs with the RSS kit. It is a huge improvement in performance and a great deal for the cost. The MM springs sat to low and were to soft. My car would bottom out occasionally on track. RSS kit fixed this and I havn't even tried the stiffer front springs, yet. Buying the Koni with MM springs was a waste of money and time. I'm within a few seconds of similar cars with coilover systems that cost 3 times the price of what I paid and I know areas where I am leaving time on the table.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel