The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hagerty Car Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
Not sure if anybody knows about this so I figured I would share my experience. I sold my 1970 Chevelle SS 396 to Purchase my PW 2012 Boss back in May 2012. I thought I was going to just add the Boss to my State Farm Policy with my other cars.

When I called to cxl the Hagerty policy, I explained to them what I was buying and it turns out the Boss 302 qualified for them to insure. Long story short - My Boss 302 is insured with Hagerty for guaranteed value for a fraction of what it would cost through the conventional carriers.

Anybody who does not use there Boss as a daily driver may want to look into this to save some money. I am in no way affiliated with Hagerty so the only incentive here is to help somebody save some money. If you are interested the phone number is 1-800-922-4050. Hope this helps at least one Boss owner. Not going to go into $$$ as too many variables ie, age, state, driving record. But may be worth a look.. worked well for my situation. Good Luck!

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
Really? I can't...... anyone else is more than welcome to. My post was my experience/situation and was to share to hopefully help other Boss owners. I am happy you are satisfied with your experience/situation. Precisely why I did not post my specific costs/savings. Just trying to help.

I compared hagerty to state farm. State farm was about $20 cheaper every so months. They do not offer guaranteed values, but they do cover my HPDE days (as long as I'm not doing time trials or head to head racing). So I went with state farm. I do have hagerty on my 1983 mustang and have had them on two others in the past. They are great. I had one of my cars get totaled due to a fire and I had a check for the full guarantee value within 7 days

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
ufnavy06 said:
Hagerty is like 2x as much as my current rates from USAA. Glad it's helping others but not I.

USAA was PAINFUL for me. 16 year old on the policy. Could not sever teenager from policy. Glad USAA worked out for you. I have been extremely happy with most USAA services. Just did not work out on this one.

I had been with Haggerty since '07 when I bought my 70 Boss and then a year later insured my 70 SCJ there and had no problem each time talking to a helpful male rep that knew exactly what I had. Then, this past January, I tried to insure my 2012 Shelby there but they wouldn't...Reason being my wifes Navigator, which was insured elsewhere, was over 5 years old. What a lame reason...

During the same phone call attempting to insure the Shelby I tried to insure my 70 R code but they wouldn't insure it because it is a project with no engine. Maybe it depends on the rep you get as I had a condescending female who acted like she couldn't wait to get rid of me. End result I moved everything to State Farm and am enjoying savings of about $1200 a year, and have the same agreed value on the old ones.

I called them up for a quote, and the lady I spoke with said they have a max mileage requirement of 3,500 for the year on newer cars. Currently im averaging about 5,000 a year....Ill have to stick with Progressive for now :-\

reakhavok said:
I called them up for a quote, and the lady I spoke with said they have a max mileage requirement of 3,500 for the year on newer cars. Currently im averaging about 5,000 a year....Ill have to stick with Progressive for now :-\

Seemed to be mixed signals at hagerty. Did online quote last night, all looked good. Called today and when I told her 3000 miles a year, she said whoa. That's too many miles for a newer car. Then when she said how would I use the car, I said weekends and maybe to work once a week on nice days. That's another no no. Basically, she said cruises, clubs etc is all they will cover it for. She basically said they will not cover it for the use I explained. Lame

98RedGT

2012 #552
Tflong24 said:
reakhavok said:

Seemed to be mixed signals at hagerty. Did online quote last night, all looked good. Called today and when I told her 3000 miles a year, she said whoa. That's too many miles for a newer car. Then when she said how would I use the car, I said weekends and maybe to work once a week on nice days. That's another no no. Basically, she said cruises, clubs etc is all they will cover it for. She basically said they will not cover it for the use I explained. Lame

I called yesterday and had the same experience. Wanted to insure both my 98 GT and 12 Boss and based on driving them to work 1-2 times a week 5 months out of the year, it was a deal breaker. Yeah you also had to have a DD that was '07 or newer. Either way she did a quote just so I have something to compare to my current insurance and Hagerty quote was 2x my full coverage at Farm Bureau. The difference is that Hagerty will guarantee the amount you insure it for and Farm Bureau is probably based on market value. So I will need to talk to may Farm Bureau agent to see how we can insure the car so I don't lose anything in case it's totaled.

I might try some of these others like Grundy to see how it works and what the price quote is.

TMO Supporting Vendors