The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hailie Deegan to drive for Ford Performance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think she'll be fine. Her dad Brian is a hell of a competitor and I'm sure keeps her grounded. Bill McAnally is based here in Roseville and Hailee has raced at the All American Speedway here in Roseville where I live. I wish her the best of luck.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
I was at Daytona and saw her during the grid walk. She was mobbed by fans and media. From what little I could see from a distance she seemed to be handling it like a trooper. Always had a smile on her face.

I'll post some pics later.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
Don't know her exact lap time.

She was not as fast as her co-driver who did a 1:55.918 and she is not listed among the fastest drivers (the slowest of which is at 2:03) listed at the end of this link.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
What were her lap times at Daytona compared to the other Ford drivers?
I really don't know, I'm asking.
She was 1.5 seconds off her teammate on average. I won't put her down though, it was only her second time in sportscars. Let's see what she can do in her ARCA car. Very polite young lady who is really excited about her opportunity with Ford. What was great was seeing Edsel Ford and Lyn St. James there supporting her and the entire program. IMSA really needs to give the Mustangs a break on the restrictor or the weight, 1550 kg is insane.

Lyn St.James either is from, or lives in Florida so we all know her, she's a great driver as well. Ford made a big deal of this, even painted a car like the old ford Probe. I think it lost a tire (a lot did) and that messed up her race.
And yes, the Mustangs are taking a BoP beating right now.

I thought she was going to kill Bundy after this one, she got all up in his face.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I watched it on tape and thought she did a great job. Good thing she stayed up front because the middle of the pack was utter turmoil.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel