The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Half Shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick question for all of you S550 experts. I have a 2015 gt, I will very shorty supercharging it and want advice on half shafts for it. Little background it will not be tracked ever or dragged she is a street princess that I have money burning a hole in my pocket so why not make her faster. Will the GT 350 shafts from ford performance hold up to the new HP. I don't know what the final HP number will be but for sake of this conversation lets say 700. Thanks for the help.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
So cal
Quick question for all of you S550 experts. I have a 2015 gt, I will very shorty supercharging it and want advice on half shafts for it. Little background it will not be tracked ever or dragged she is a street princess that I have money burning a hole in my pocket so why not make her faster. Will the GT 350 shafts from ford performance hold up to the new HP. I don't know what the final HP number will be but for sake of this conversation lets say 700. Thanks for the help.
No dragged or tracked and driven on the street with radials? You will be fine the tires will break loose way before you break an axle.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Dropping the clutch at 5000 rpm with hot drag slicks on a prepped track is a very different scenario than rolling hard on the throttle from 60 mph on the highway. Axles break from torque being applied at one end from the engine, and being resisted at the other end by tire grip & inertia of the car's mass.

Dropping the clutch at 5000 rpm with hot drag slicks on a prepped track is a very different scenario than rolling hard on the throttle from 60 mph on the highway. Axles break from torque being applied at one end from the engine, and being resisted at the other end by tire grip & inertia of the car's mass.
I figured that, I just wanted to get some advice from ppl who know more than me. Not to mention I’m trying to protect my car as much as possible without going completely unnecessary with parts. If the gt350 will suffice than great.

I have a set of Ford Performance Half Shafts unused, still in the Box that I have tried to sell previously and no takers. Still for sale! Let me know if interested.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel