The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hallett Memorial Day Weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Really wish I could go but I'll be in Texas visiting my girlfriend's parents. Have to keep her happy since she goes to all my track days :) Looks to be a pretty decent crowd for a holiday weekend from the email Connie sent out. I have a friend with an all black '11 GT that will be there.

I'll be out in a few weeks for the Mid-America Shelby Meet.

Good luck and have fun.

Mark,

Thanks for bringing the "S" up to Hallett this weekend! I enjoyed seeing it on track...........mostly from the back ::) I was in the red #49 (the slow guy in your group.....) I really wanted to make it down to your section of the paddock to see it up close, but was feeling a bit under the weather and mostly cat-napped between sessions. Hope you can make it up again sometime.

sprint200 said:
Mark,

Thanks for bringing the "S" up to Hallett this weekend! I enjoyed seeing it on track...........mostly from the back ::) I was in the red #49 (the slow guy in your group.....) I really wanted to make it down to your section of the paddock to see it up close, but was feeling a bit under the weather and mostly cat-napped between sessions. Hope you can make it up again sometime.

I walked by a few times and looked at your car and the black Mustang. The times I did see you there, you were asleep. I should have done that too. I got to the track at 5:30 am on Sat morning after two blowouts on my trailer, then they woke me up at 6:30 to move my rig. Oh well, still had a fun time. I left my rig up there, I'll be back for the NASA event June 21-23. Are you coming out for that? It's a blast!

Here's a little spin I had in the biznitch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnX3rPvZc9k[/youtube]

Tulsa, OK
Nice recovery :) I have done the EXACT same thing coming out of the biznitch. Other than your trailer woes it sounds like it was a good day.

Was that the first Sunday practice? I had slept in an extra hour to try to get over whatever I had on Saturday and was still checking the car over in the paddock. I heard tire howls coming out of "the biznitch" and looked up in time to see you doing your best impression of "Wrong-Way Charlie" going past the corner stand. My usual mistake is either turning in too late at T7 and/or trying to carry too much of the curb at T8; which means I'm more likely to go off before the turn in at T9...........After watching your telemetry; damned, I want that motor and transmission in my car! I could shave an extra second (or two) just from the fewer shift points......!

I'm scheduled to run the Mid America Late Model Exhibition race the week before NASA and then the regular COMMA weekend is the weekend right after that. My wallett says that if I make it up for the NASA event it will be as a spectator. But the wife and daughter ARE out of town that weekend...........

Yes, that was Sunday morning.

Thinking about a 4.10 rear end but I'd be shifting more.

If you come out to Hallett for NASA I'll be down by the shop in a white toter with a stacker trailer.

TMO Supporting Vendors