The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hallett Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Here are two videos from last year at Hallett. My lines aren't great and I could always be smoother but I'm improving each time I go out :D It's is a little hard to see out the windshield on the second video. Still working on placement of the gopro. Enjoy. Oh and critiques are welcome!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/bQiPN4tk0D8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/fY7faqtalGE[/youtube]

Looking good. I fixed the links for you. Just paste the URL in between the YouTube tags using the icon from the Post Reply box.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
I love Hallett! I'm hoping to make it down this year with NASA TX (I'm in NASA Rocky Mountain... Dave has both regions). I was supposed to go this past year but ended up out of the country on business :(

Thanks for posting these videos. I enjoyed them. I need to make it up to Hallet sometime --- I am in Dallas and it's not too far away. But, first, I need to get myself in gear and go to Eagles Canyon which is even closer...

I did the Toy Run at Eagles Canyon last December, that is a fun track. I've run Hallett clockwise and counter clockwise back in the mid 80's its a lot of fun too. ECR has a open track day next Sat the 19th, just not sure about the weather.

Tulsa, OK
ArizonaGT- I watched a few of your videos as well and they are great! Nice driving and very enjoyable to watch.

JScheier- I love Hallett too! It's crazy to me how such a fun track is just seemingly in the middle of nowhere. It's cool how they run it both directions too. Hopefully you can make it this year.

BossTXB- Glad you enjoyed them. Yeah it would probably be a 4-5 hour trek to Hallett? I would like to go to Eagles Canyon one day too.

GA
Nice driving. I like to put my GoPro upside down on the windshield next to the rear view mirror via the suction cup mount (with the round cover removed) since I don't like the exterior wind noise , and also when I mount it on the rear windshield since the contrast out front is white.

This is a link to my most recent video at Carolina Motorsports Park. Once you are on Vimeo you can see my other vids.
https://vimeo.com/54427083

SmittyTx, I have heard of "The biznitch" as really living up to that reputation and folks losing it ------- is it because of a slight hill and corner and usually too much speed or?

Tulsa, OK
thebull- Thank ya!

F.D. Dako- Thanks. Yeah I really like the view from the inside, just wish I could see out of the windshield as well. In that video I was using the regular gopro suction cup mount on the back glass.

PJWANNABE- Thanks. I'll have to try that out. Nice driving on your video too! And the camera location seems to work really well. Looks like a fun track :)

smittytx- Thanks, yeah the biznitch isn't quite the same going clockwise but I have seen someone lose it there. Counter is the tough direction.

BossTXB- The biznitch does have quite the reputation. I've seen an M3 lose it right in front of me around that corner but luckily I've never been off. There is a slight corner right before the biznitch, plus you are going downhill, the actual corner is somewhat off camber, and it's easy to carry too much speed going into the corner. It's also very easy to oversteer coming out of the corner, at least for me, as you're going back uphill. I've seen a few cars lose it there too.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Looks like I may not make Hallett in June. I have the opportunity to instruct at COTA in early June with BMWCCA... two tows to Texas (say that three times fast) will most likely put me out of my budget for the season's travels... and I have to make Hastings in the fall.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
smittytx said:
You can leave you trailer at my shop after COTA and we can caravan to Hallett, if the air fare works for you.

I was thinking I'd fly into Hallett and you'd let me drive your car :)

Still working on JJohnson with that one!

That might work... or drop it at Vorshlag and then head up from there.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Run Hallett a couple of times, but never what would be considered backwards. Thanks for the video, as it almost made me think it would be even more fun running in the direction you filmed.

Enjoyed!!

Tulsa, OK
Glad you enjoyed the videos! Yeah I've actually run backwards more times than forwards. You never know what direction it's going to be when you sign up for the HST events.

JScheier hope you can make it.

TMO Supporting Vendors