The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hands free phone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FYI- I bought a Jabra Cruiser 2 from ATT ($90.00) It is a hands free device that blue tooths to your phone. my I phone 3 was not loud enough for me to hear. It also downloads your phone book. You can also program a channel on your FM car radio and the person calling can be heard through the car speakers. It worked good when we set it up and tested it, but I haven't had any phone calls to see how it works real time. No friends!!!

(Actually I have driven the pick up the last few days)

Thought this might be something you might be interested in.

Let us know how you like the volume. I use a Motorola Roadster in my van and it works a lot better than other BT speakerphone's I've owned. The volume on it is very good. I'm using a Plantronics Voyager Pro HD when driving my Boss and it's the best BT device I've used by a large margin. A bit dorky looking but I only use it while driving my car.

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile+Phone+Accessories/Car-Accessories/Speakerphones/Motorola-Roadster-US-EN

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/voyager-pro-hd

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
The Plantronics Voyager Pro HD is a great headset. The noice cancelling is fantastic and you sound better on a headset than just on the phone even in quiet conditions. The mic is actually better on the Voyager than what is inside the phone. I use one and with 6 hours of talk time you aren't recharging it often. Also it has sensors so it knows when you are wearing it so calls only go to the headset if you are wearing it.

Brian

5 DOT 0 said:
Let us know how you like the volume. I use a Motorola Roadster in my van and it works a lot better than other BT speakerphone's I've owned. The volume on it is very good. I'm using a Plantronics Voyager Pro HD when driving my Boss and it's the best BT device I've used by a large margin. A bit dorky looking but I only use it while driving my car.

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile+Phone+Accessories/Car-Accessories/Speakerphones/Motorola-Roadster-US-EN

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/voyager-pro-hd
I don't know how well they will hear me yet. But this is suposed to have a noise cancel system. The radio channel selection plays them on the car sterio so I can turn that up.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have this 5'5" blond device that not only holds my phone, but unlike 5dot0, it is not even remotely dorky looking ( and I can use it outside the Boss ). Heck the device will take notes , answer my phone in a very demure voice and hooking up was simple. I may be an old fart and unable to install some of the new devices, but in my situation this tried and true method is working really well, and did I mention it comes in a highly attractive case.

Bill Pemberton said:
I have this 5'5" blond device that not only holds my phone, but unlike 5dot0, it is not even remotely dorky looking ( and I can use it outside the Boss ). Heck the device will take notes , answer my phone in a very demure voice and hooking up was simple. I may be an old fart and unable to install some of the new devices, but in my situation this tried and true method is working really well, and did I mention it comes in a highly attractive case.
Did you pick this up at Best Buy or Walmart? LOL I feel your pain as a 51 old fart.
Here in KY if the DOT or State boys see you on the cell with out hands free, 1st offense is a 2700. ticket but only commercial vehicles, that is for the driver and a 10,000. one for the business...welcome to KY.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
To CaliMR, no sweat man , you now have da Boss, so you izz Da Boss, so hooking up with 5'5" blondes just got easier.

To the rest, after 34 years and over 110 cars, I think she might be a keeper as she lets me have my toys, but definitely found her at Nordstroms and not BestBuy -- she seems to want equal time.

Disconnecting fees I will avoid, as a woman who lets you race, looks 10 years younger than you even though she is virtually the same age, and used to race a bit herself is one you want to keep as your hand held device, ha.

I got the blue ant S4 and like it. If you use an iPhone, When you tell it "phone commands", it will bring up Siri (or voice commands, if pre-iphone4s)

I just had a blulogic bluetooth device installed in my car on friday, and i have to say that it I like it. It replaces the 12v power socket thats inbetween the center A/C vents. The microphone gets wired up next to the reading lights. Unlike the sync system I had in my 2010 GT, i have no problem of hearing people when I am accelerating, and they have no problem hearing me as well. I havent tried to see if it can play music through it yet, but I will try it shortly.

Oh also with the location that it was installed, you can just hide it with the cover that is already there so it doesnt look like anything has changed.

TMO Supporting Vendors