The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hands up everyone who's changed one of these...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In the V6L
Exactly! And I'm sure the dealers all have contortionists who would fit in nicely at Cirque de Soleil who do the replacements. It's miserable getting under the dashboard on the passenger side to change it. Every 20,000 miles they say. Amazing. I didn't even know there was one until a couple of weeks ago.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Exactly! And I'm sure the dealers all have contortionists who would fit in nicely at Cirque de Soleil who do the replacements. It's miserable getting under the dashboard on the passenger side to change it. Every 20,000 miles they say. Amazing. I didn't even know there was one until a couple of weeks ago.
😆

Glad I don't have to do it for a long time.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I replaced mine with a K&N filter in 2016. Once in 8-1/2 years ain't so bad. IIRC, the OEM one I took out didn't look as bad as the JAJ's picture.

TMO Supporting Vendors