The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hankook Ventus on clearance at Tirerack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2013&autoModel=Mustang+Boss+302&autoModClar=&frontWidth=255%2F&frontRatio=40&frontDiameter=19&frontSortCode=57450&rearWidth=285%2F&rearRatio=35&rearDiameter=19&rearSortCode=57950&tab=All

Instead of having to spend 1200-1400 for new Michelin Pilot sports, I couldn't resist the deal on these at 145 & 149ea. Cost me $649 delivered for my Boss with staggered setup.

The reviews I have read claim the V12 tires are a great deal for summer tires when they are not on sale. Sticky, and rain performance is reported as being great. BUT if you AutoX or track with them they will start chunking. I have not seen a report of them chunking from aggressive street driving, though.The compound does not like heat. You get what you pay for.

That is a good price. I do not have any experience with hankook tires, but for my car, 275/40/18s are only $436 a set plus shipping! It might be worth a try, since my Continental ExtermeContact DWs are down to the wear bars. Thanks for posting this!

TGR96 said:
That is a good price. I do not have any experience with hankook tires, but for my car, 275/40/18s are only $436 a set plus shipping! It might be worth a try, since my Continental ExtermeContact DWs are down to the wear bars. Thanks for posting this!

The DW are supposed to be very good, too. Not pricey, either.

Yeah, I have loved my Conti DWs. My only complaint is they didn't last very long. I'm guessing ~15K miles. I guess it's a trade off...performance for longevity.

TMO Supporting Vendors