The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hans Device vs Simpson Hybrid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have experience with both? I just purchased a Simpson Hybrid S to use in my car with a stock three point seat belt. While I don't expect it to provide the same level or protection as a Hans with proper racing harnesses I do hope it's better than nothing. Using both with racing harnesses it appears the Hybrid is now considered safer due to handling side impacts better. Here's a link and a screen shot from a discussion on Rennlist.

FWIW I was going to buy the Simpson Hybrid Sport but was told it's not certified for use with factory three point harnesses.

https://www.racedaysafety.com/whhenere.html

IMG_6598.jpgsimpson hybrid-s.jpg

Crap...I bought the wrong one. Just using it for Lemon's right now but was thinking I could use it in the Boss also. I don't thing it would be less safe to use it anyways, right? Not sure that I will ever install my roll bar and a 4 point since the kids enjoy rides in the Boss.

drano38

Wayne
I don't have experience with both, but I do like my Simpson Sport.
It came with their Quick Release, and D-rings for the helmet. It rattled way too much, so I got the Quick Clips for my helmet, and had Simpson make a custom length loop for the Sport.
I put the Sport on, get in car, strap in, then put on my helmet and connect it to the Sport. Much easier connecting harness before putting the helmet on.
I hope the S works well for you.

TMO Supporting Vendors