The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Happy 4th of July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Independence Day everyone! America's birthday is my favorite holiday. Fly your flags proudly.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Buland:

It was so nice to read your post wish us happy 4th of July Independence Day. Knowing that you are from Switzerland, made it even nicer!

The Decleration of Independence from taxation without representation and our independence from England and King George III, marked the beginning of a great Nation. It always amazes me when I think about the foresight our founding fathers had as 13 Colonies came together to form a Union.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." - The Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson

Words to guide us today as we continue to seek a more perfect Union.

Happy Independce Day,
302 Hi Pro

Another bit of irony is we now have more taxation WITH representation than our forefathers had WITHOUT it. A lot of people can't afford to live around here anymore. Hate to bring this up on this holiday, but it's the truth!..........Freedom is still a great & cherished thing and America is one of the few places where you can still find & enjoy it!....
Taxation Poem
by Anonymous

Tax his land, tax his wage,
Tax his bed in which he lays.
Tax his tractor, tax his mule,
Teach him taxes is the rule

Tax his cow, tax his goat,
Tax his pants, tax his coat.
Tax his ties, tax his shirts,
Tax his work, tax his dirt

Tax his chew, tax his smoke,
Teach him taxes are no joke.