The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Happy Birthday Rick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Rick, now that you hit the beginning of your golden years I was wondering if any of TMO's vendor par offer senior discounts on parts.
I think he's planning on "cording" the grips on his golf clubs...
Didn't realize Rick was a golfer. If you ever make it back here to visit Virginia just drop me a PM and bring those sticks. I've been playing golf for 40 years and know most of the better golf courses here in the Old Dominion. VIR is just 2 hours away from my home.

I don't have a honey do list but I do have a my own To Do List and it's long. Been neglecting lots of things around my house. I do play golf but I suck. I live on a golf course and I'm sure I'll play more and hopefully improve my game. The two activities I plan on doing more of are snow skiing and cycling. I'm about 70 miles from one of my favorite ski resorts Sugar Bowl in the Sierras.

As for senior discounts I don't ask as most won't believe me anyway. :D But many of our vendors do offer specials during certain times of the year. @APEXRaceParts has several going on now.

I don't have a honey do list but I do have a my own To Do List and it's long. Been neglecting lots of things around my house. I do play golf but I suck. I live on a golf course and I'm sure I'll play more and hopefully improve my game. The two activities I plan on doing more of are snow skiing and cycling. I'm about 70 miles from one of my favorite ski resorts Sugar Bowl in the Sierras.

As for senior discounts I don't ask as most won't believe me anyway. :D But many of our vendors do offer specials during certain times of the year. @APEXRaceParts has several going on now.
my strongest recommendation in retirement. participation in hobbies is essential. Don't think for a moment that at the age of 60 you cannot improve your golf game. You can. A good golf game requires a good deal of proper technique to do it well. If you want to improve I would strongly recommend taking lessons from a PGA certified teaching professional. The game will get a lot easier and your play will improve.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
go for it Rick. There are not many games you can still play when you reach 80 YO.

Never too late to pick up golf, that's for sure. I played on the high school team a few years ago and am glad I did. Picked up a lot and was a great way to learn the game as well as meet others who enjoy the same hobby.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Hey Rick, if you're ever out my way, I'll teach you all I know about the great game of golf. My specialty is the 19th hole.
I am your atypical sports nut. I have done just about everything but never became real good at any. A Jack of all trades and master of none, if I may. No matter, I've had a great tyme doing each and everyone of them. Variety is the spice of life.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
I know I can improve but some of my other interest and hobbies rank higher. OTOH my kids both play on their high school teams and are better than me. So I have some motivation to improve my game.

Oh my what I started... (slight of hand wave) Looks like Rick will have more time to play with his gas grill!

(See if this distracts from Golf...)

TMO Supporting Vendors