The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Harnesses for Recaros

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have a set of it crow belts, six point and 06machI brackets. System works great for me.
You will need belts and 6 point straps with metal ends with clips on ends. The shoulder harnesses will need to be wrap around.
You can spend from $200 to $500 per set for harnesses. Read up on what each set offers. Do you need FIA certified belts? Likely not.

With the brackets and Watson bar already in place . You should get by with $400-500 all in for adequate harness set up. You can spend more. All depends on exactly what you order.

If you were Hoping to spend Mo money. I could use a set of Hoosiers. :rolleyes:

I'm a big fan of Schroth. They are pricey but their latches, levers and pulls make they super easy to use.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I put a Schroth system in My daughters car. Very well made. Crow is less expensive, they work but not as refined as Schroth and some others.
I will be ordering a new set for my inbound 350. Not sure which way I will go.

What systems are others using? Cost? Venders?

At the moment, I am using the Schroth Profi III-FE asm. But only as a 4 point harness. I used the original mounting points and installed it together with the normal seat belts for legal reasons. In the back, for the shoulder belts, I am using the ISOFIX-mounting points.

I am planning to install the Recaro Pole Position seat I got left over from my former M3 by modifying the lower remains of an original Mustang driver's seat. We will then install the Schroth's 5th and 6th crotch belts as well. It is very difficult to get some Mustang parts here in Germany which is why we'll go with modifying an original seat.

The Recaro Pole Position has a hole in the bottom to feed through the croth belts.
You mention that you are planning to use a 6-point-harness with the original Recaros, how is that supposed to work? Will you have to cut a hole in the bottom of the seat or is it possible to modify them?

Seeing that neither the position of the crotch belt mounting points before the lap belt mounting points, nor the 20° angle described in the Schroth manual would be guaranteed with this mounting option, I would not recommend doing this without getting in touch with Schroth. Their support is pretty good for motorsports applications. Maybe a little slow, though.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I just installed Schroth Quick Fit Pro ASM. Not too hard to install especially with the rear seat delete and it snaps in and out as needed fairly quickly. ASM stands for Anti Submarine system, they claim it eliminates the need for anti submarine straps in certain situations. Hopefully I'll never find out whether their claim is right or not!

https://www.schroth.com/en/segments/tuning/service/technologie-tech-tip/schroth-asm.html

If I was going to go with a roll bar I'd just go with a regular 5 or 6 point harness, they're a lot less expensive. Maybe I will some day, but I'm not there right now.

Seeing that neither the position of the crotch belt mounting points before the lap belt mounting points, nor the 20° angle described in the Schroth manual would be guaranteed with this mounting option, I would not recommend doing this without getting in touch with Schroth. Their support is pretty good for motorsports applications. Maybe a little slow, though.
I agree. I've called Schroth a few times and they were very helpful. Better to get answers directly from the manufacturer. When I installed the roll bar and harnesses in my Boss the ASM belts had not been approved for use with a Hans device. Once they were I decided the ASM four point belts were a better option with the stock seats. Schroth would have happily sold me the ProFi II belts like I had previously owned but they insisted the four point ASM was a better option for my particular install with the stock seats.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel