The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Has any one put a 3.51 rear end with a MT82?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
At most tracks I only use 3rd,4th and 5th gears, partially because I currently run on 25.3" tall r7s (295/30-18). Any one switch to a 3.51 rear to use second gear?? I find I get a little bogged down when I go too fifth gear. Also thinking of running a taller tire.

I have run the 3.55 and liked it so much I tried the 3.31 that I am running today. Very happy with it. Surprisingly I am still running a MT-82 as Ford has been good to me in replacing it a few times. And have also run the A7 30/18, a hair wider than yours. Not a fan of these due the diameter and cost. Mostly run Pirelli take-offs, 680/18 fronts, and 705/18 rears, which I love due to grip, cost and diameter. I should also add that I do have a blower thus going to 3.31 does not cost me much on low end torque as I have a lot of it. It also gains me top end speed and less shifting. Hit an amazing 166 mph this weekend!!

TMO Supporting Vendors