The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Has anyone had their front side makers fall off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I should have brought this up 2 years ago but now I'm pissed. When I had my car in for it's very first state inspection the guy doing the job came to me and said " you front side bumper reflector fell off, do you want us to RTV it back on? " I was puzzled to say the least, I looked at said ok. It would have failed otherwise. The plastic seem to have zigzag crack all the way around the mount, strange. A year later, actually earlier this year it happened on the passenger side while waxing my car. It didn't fall out but kind of hung there. Not pleased with this I used RTV on that side. Well this weekend I lost the right side on the highway. I ordered a new one ( $38 ) because I didn't want to make 2 trips too the dealer. So, anyone else loose the reflector?

It look like the plastic hardened to a point that it was brittle and crumbly. Snafu? who knows. I've got 7 mos. left on the 3/36 so we'll see. Good to hear I'm not alone? Maybe. Minor ding to overall quality. It's still ma beby.

TMO Supporting Vendors