The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Has anyone seen this--Ford GT350 Law Suit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
Hey 50Deep. I must say good write up on your devils advocate. That makes sense if a person doesn't know much about track cars and or prep. Granted most sales reps don't know much about the GT350 in general. Therefore the buyer should alway do their homework before making any purchase on something such as this. But the link right here the shows a flyer from Ford kinda of sums it up in Black and White. (Or as the flyer shows white and blue and white and aqua).And at the bottom is small print you see the questions call Ford Performance? Im sure they would have had the answer. But hopefully your car is ready now. :D

https://trackmustangsonline.com/thr...are-open-order-guide-and-pricing-inside.9666/

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Thanks @byronj

The more I look at this I am of the opinion this argument from both sides is not focusing on the right issues.

This isn't about Ford deceptively marketing the base/tech package as a track ready car. It is about the lack of information available to the consumers on how limited the capabilities of a base/tech package truly were. I think most could get behind that.

The wording was indeed lax when it needed to be crystal clear. Ford did try to educate dealers with respect to the different option groups but that didn't seem to filter down to buyers. Ford should be taking a serious look at resurrecting something along the lines of the old SVT dealer program. That (or what I would rather see) or allow certain high performance vehicles to be ordered through Ford Racing and delivered through the dealer network - cars with a VIN that are street legal. Cut the head off of the ADM monster. Sell the non-track orientated ones through the dealer network and move the serious iron through FRP.

DFW, TX
I ordered my car based on the calculus that the Track Pack had Engine, Trans and Diff coolers that the Base and Tech cars didn't. The original literature clearly stated the other cars didn't come with an engine oil cooler. So I think Ford should reimburse me for the cost of the added content the Base and Tech cars got for free in 2016.

OK, there was no way I was not ordering a Track Pack, but I think Ford should have snuck a Tech Pack radio in my car to balance things out! ;)

mattlqx

Mustangless
Dead horse, beaten. Ford can take the lawsuit, I'm perfectly fine with that. Maybe next time they'll think before they let marketing run the show on a performance car program.

Something tells me these guys would be complaining if they smoked their motors due to no limp mode. Feel free to load a non-warrantied tune that ignores all such input. History is littered with broken track cars/motorcycles etc. These guys think they are special and get to avoid all the laws of physics at work against them, just by buying a car?

And of course your cars won't be worth as much as others, it has less options on it.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
They did think before the GT-350 was released.

They learned from the Boss program. RCWALP cost them in warranty claims....which they stood behind.

They offered customers cooling if they needed it. Others they offered electronic toys.

You can't choose your poison and then blame the manufacturer for not providing what you did not ask for.

Ford will win and persons seeking compensation for their ignorance or stupidity will be paying their lawyers. Let's hope the case gets fair coverage in the media.

mattlqx

Mustangless
"Sir, for your dinner you may have a beverage or an appetizer, but not both." You'd walk out of the restaurant and call them an embarrassment. Call me stupid or ignorant if you like, but the reality is they made a bad call on packaging that should have never have happened and it taints the brand.

"Sir, for your dinner you may have a beverage or an appetizer, but not both." You'd walk out of the restaurant and call them an embarrassment. Call me stupid or ignorant if you like, but the reality is they made a bad call on packaging that should have never have happened and it taints the brand.
And this is fully supported by the package changes they made for 2017. Clearly Ford could have done better with the package options in 2016.

Guys, please only post if you have something to add to the conversation. I think most has already been said and I'm about to lock this thread down.

Ford also tried to cover up the overheating transmission issue by deleting the transmission temp gauge from the cluster. They should also have deleted the track apps if they didn't want people occasionally tracking their tech packs. I would probably not be so upset if they offered a warranty on the new transmission I bought. But no, since it has a Ford Performance sticker on the box rather than a Ford Parts sticker, no warranty.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Rick. Last post.

Walk out, maybe. Fail a lawsuit?? No. If the menu was posted outside the restaurant clearly stating policies, much like ford did with the car, I would either accept the menu or dine elsewhere.

Suing because I was to lazy, ignorant, or later upset by MY bad choice would only benefit my lawyer.

Sorry Rick. Last rant.

This really reminds me of 1999 when the Cobra had the horsepower issue,Ford finally came through for us.Although me myself didn't feel much difference after the fix. It could have been in the upper r.p.m range though. I still loved my Cobra vert and enjoyed the time I spend with it. Thanks.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Rick. Last post.

Walk out, maybe. Fail a lawsuit?? No. If the menu was posted outside the restaurant clearly stating policies, much like ford did with the car, I would either accept the menu or dine elsewhere.

Suing because I was to lazy, ignorant, or later upset by MY bad choice would only benefit my lawyer.

Sorry Rick. Last rant.
Even though your 60k car will go into limp mode on the street? That one is hard to ignore, and impossible to blame on the consumer.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel