The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Has anyone tried the Dunlop Slicks??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have not seen a set of slicks on a car for about three years , but they are a part of Goodyear now. They are a tire ( in slicks) that is a pain to find information about , so will be interested what they send down South , as not a big input into the market in the US - big with bikes , though. Blacksheep will likely pop in with alot better info, as noticed there are two sizes of 18s in their slicks listed at usedracingtires. Darn if I can find an easy outlet for their racing slicks?

Heck, for all we know they are the same tires used on the Supercar Series in Australia, because they have not been much of a player in the US of A. If that's where rubber is coming from , then who knows ?

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I have a suspicion that they might be the Aussy supercar tires. They come in big sizes and the prices are pretty hard to beat. The Porsche GT3 cup cars have switched form Michelin to these Dunlops for this season. Well happy I have 9 18x11 Apex wheels.... Maybe I need three sets after all!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
SuperCars appear to be 290/18 wide, so will be interesting to see where your Dunlop competition rubber originates from? Checking usedracingtires.com they have 305 and 335/18s for sale, so I may have to try a set of 305s , but will call on Monday to see what series they are used in?

The problem with Dunlop is origin, as I know there are various Corporations that own the right to the name, so very good chance the tire/tyre you guys are receiving could be from various parts of the World. Example is that Goodyear has Dunlop in the US, UK and some other parts of the World, but Sumitomo does Dunlop in Japan/South Africa for Asian/African production. Something tells me you need to find out the origin of the build to find out which Corporation/Country is building the ones being sold at low prices in Chile?

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Contis... eeek! Well thats good news. I have eight 315/30-18 R7's arriving this week. Should have a leg up on the competition then.

The contis were.....whats the word.... crappy...Thats the best description that comes to mind.

TMO Supporting Vendors