The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Has Rossi Lost His Mind?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is nuts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2DiV26-jqs&feature=player_embedded

First off, I hat crotch rockets and don't follow the sport so I don't care who is who. To me, it looked like his reaction was more of a "get the hell off my leg, perv.." Marquez made first contact then took a dive like a "pro" soccer player.

The colors even sort of match!
image_int.php

WinterSucks said:
First off, I hate crotch rockets and don't follow the sport so I don't care who is who. To me, it looked like his reaction was more of a "get the hell off my leg, perv.." Marquez made first contact then took a dive like a "pro" soccer player.

The colors even sort of match!
image_int.php

edit: spelling

Also, I don't mean to say that he intentionally went down. But if a minor bump like that is enough to take you down he had no business rubbing up on Rossi in the first place. Especially on the outside of the turn when Rossi needed to start straightening out. That could have easily ended in a two-bike crash.

Ever seen MotoGP in person? It may give you a new respect for the riders and machines whether you care less about the sport or who the riders are! Or... probably not :-\

Very very unfair to Rossi!!!
You must tell the whole story or nothing.
The Spaniards are working against him since Australia to avoid having him win his tenth title.
Do you really think he would do something like this with no reason?
Do you really think he is not aware of all the monitoring going on during a race?
At least HE has been honnest about the issue.
That can't be said about the three other's behaviour and denials!
I hope he gets the title despite them being such nasty cowards.

576 said:
Ever seen MotoGP in person? It may give you a new respect for the riders and machines whether you care less about the sport or who the riders are! Or... probably not :-\

Oh I do respect these guys, just not the obnoxious t-shirt wearing crotch rocketeers who think they are these guys... I don't care what you competitively drive, ride, pilot, I have respect as long as it's not on the street. I just wanted to get it out there that my interpretation of the incident was not clouded by being a fan of any competitor.

That being said, not playing fair (even if not technically cheating) will instantly lose my respect.

Rossi is getting railroaded . . . if you watch the few laps leading up to the 'incident', Marquez was clearly MUCH faster and would dive bomb Rossi into the corners, then park it in the middle of the corner and allow Rossi to pass him on the next straight, then dive bomb him again, etc. The Hondas typically run 5-10mph faster down the straights than the Yamahas anyway so to see Marquez get passed on a straight is unheard of. There were NINE passes between them on the 1 lap right before the incident.

Then Marquez definitely leaned his head into Rossi's knee first, and Rossi's leg movement is a direct result of that initial contact by Marquez. As a sportbike rider for 20+ years, the idea that someone could kick over a motorcycle moving at 50mph is comical to me. Even the Hulk isn't strong enough to do so. Imagine something that weighs several hundred pounds and the person is a skinny 140lb guy with his leg at an awkward angle for a kick. Not possible given the centrifugal force of the wheels and the crankshaft.

Anyway, it's a shame that it has come to this because it has been an absolutely fantastic season otherwise. Marquez is a spoiled, petulant brat who had his way for 2 years on the best bike but this season now that his bike isn't superior, he has proven himself to be less than humble.

Champale said:
Rossi is getting railroaded . . . if you watch the few laps leading up to the 'incident', Marquez was clearly MUCH faster and would dive bomb Rossi into the corners, then park it in the middle of the corner and allow Rossi to pass him on the next straight, then dive bomb him again, etc. The Hondas typically run 5-10mph faster down the straights than the Yamahas anyway so to see Marquez get passed on a straight is unheard of. There were NINE passes between them on the 1 lap right before the incident.

Then Marquez definitely leaned his head into Rossi's knee first, and Rossi's leg movement is a direct result of that initial contact by Marquez. As a sportbike rider for 20+ years, the idea that someone could kick over a motorcycle moving at 50mph is comical to me. Even the Hulk isn't strong enough to do so. Imagine something that weighs several hundred pounds and the person is a skinny 140lb guy with his leg at an awkward angle for a kick. Not possible given the centrifugal force of the wheels and the crankshaft.

Anyway, it's a shame that it has come to this because it has been an absolutely fantastic season otherwise. Marquez is a spoiled, petulant brat who had his way for 2 years on the best bike but this season now that his bike isn't superior, he has proven himself to be less than humble.
Well said!
Unfortunately the three points + starting from the back of the grid for the last GP will certainly cost Rossi the title...

Bay Area
Thats really not that bad. It will suck if it costs Rossi the title but when it gets to the wire like this it happens all too often. Especially with the other riders when they are just fighting for a factory ride. We just don't see it as much unless you're in the know with someone. And as we all know Marquez and Rossi aren't the best of friends on the track. Anyone remember Biaggi and his track etiquette? Hopefully Rossi does pull it off just to show the youngsters he is still the DR.

Rossi has appealed to the EU's Court of Arbitration for Sport, so this could be interesting . . .

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224734/1/valentino-rossi-appeals-sepang-penalty.html

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel