The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hats off to a forum member

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I sent the most random request to trade mirrors with Stevespo, he'd never met me or spoken to me before. Long story, short I purchased his mirrors from him. Got them Thursday, packaged better than most professional vendors and even included an instruction manual. I've been doing the car thing, more specifically the Mustang thing for more than 10 years and am a member on most Mustang forums. I have to say, you guys have a hell of a group of great folks over here.

Thanks again Stevespo!

Jason

PS - Pics will follow.

Yeah, this is by far the friendliest forum I have been on.

Was it the housing or just the lens? If it is the lens, how hard was it to swap out? I have the inset spotter mirrors but have been considering trading for the normal ones because I don't like them.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Steve is a great guy, I met him through this forum and we drive together on occasion. Has very good knowledge of all things Boss, And has one Bitchin' looking car !

Do most non 12 LS guys not like the inset mirrors? I saw it the other day on a normal Mustang and it seemed neat... They don't come on the 2013s.

I don't know about most guys, but I set my mirrors really wide so the spotter is just taking up real estate what would be useful as regular mirror. If anything, a spotter on the inner edge would make more sense for me, to avoid curbing the wheels. But most people probably set their mirrors so they can see the side of their car (how I was originally taught too) so the spotters would be useful though they are still kind of small.

Sesshomurai

I'll second the kudos! I came here months ago with dated skills as a total newbie (and no car at the time). These guys are smart and patient.
I probably asked the same set of newbie questions 10 different ways when learning stuff and never once did someone just say to use google or search the forums.
Although i always try to do that! Since then, I've learned a ton and I try to do the same and help others when I can.

CaliMR said:

Was it the housing or just the lens? If it is the lens, how hard was it to swap out? I have the inset spotter mirrors but have been considering trading for the normal ones because I don't like them.

Just housings, I pulled everything else off my mirrors and transferred them to Steve's housings. The mirror glass simply pops out with a little force. Push the mirror to the side, grab it firmly and pull. The glass is pushed on via a "ball and socket" type connection. Pull from the center of the glass to minimize risk of breaking it, would be my only suggestion. It's really pretty easy.

Jason

jskwarek said:
CaliMR said:

Just housings, I pulled everything else off my mirrors and transferred them to Steve's housings. The mirror glass simply pops out with a little force. Push the mirror to the side, grab it firmly and pull. The glass is pushed on via a "ball and socket" type connection. Pull from the center of the glass to minimize risk of breaking it, would be my only suggestion. It's really pretty easy.

Jason

Another example of a forum member being helpful. Thanks for the advice!

TMO Supporting Vendors