The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Have any Bosses "left the building"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DT

Mine was built last Monday/Tuesday and is scheduled to get out of town on the 6th. Dealer said it could be sooner but hoping next Monday for sure. If the roads aren't CLEAN I'll have a flat wrecker bring it home.

DT said:
Mine was built last Monday/Tuesday and is scheduled to get out of town on the 6th. Dealer said it could be sooner but hoping next Monday for sure. If the roads aren't CLEAN I'll have a flat wrecker bring it home.
Yea I figured I'd have to put mine on my trailer to get it home. If it shows in then next two weeks I will, if it's later March it's a coin flip. Has the "OK to Buy" been given so they will ship sold orders?

DT

Have you looked at your window sticker?

I have the Competition coming. Brother had one in a 429 70 1/2 Falcon.

In person the Kona Blue White looked just fine and then I saw a photo of KB/Black - oh shiznit.

WASP

The Kona Blue only comes with white. The photo you saw was photo shopped. I think the KB will look great with the white. Welcome to the site.

DT said:
Have you looked at your window sticker?

I have the Competion coming. Brother had one in a 429 70 1/2 Falcon.

In person the Kona Blue White looked just fine and then I saw a photo of KB/Black - oh shiznit.

WASP
To print your window sticker, click on this link: http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=(type

Copy your VIN into the browser and paste over "(type". Your window sticker will print within approximately one week of production.

DT

NS? Shopped, eh? Guy had one (white?) on order. Bet you someone does it - ha.

I couldn't think of any other color TOO ME that looked better than ours.

I'm not listing all the FORD colors we had...5 years old and dad gets a '56 Fairlane convert black and yellow with black top.

Thanks, it should be a blast.

DT

DT said:
NS? Shopped, eh? Guy had one (white?) on order. Bet you someone does it - ha.
The one in my sig was photo shopped for me. I'm thinking about switching them out and if I do I'll paint the roof blue. But once the car is in my garage I'm sure I'll like the white stripes and roof.

Or maybe this:

-stripe-mods-input-needed-kb-side-stripe-blue-roof.jpg

Blue%26Black%20Boss%20302.jpg

I read the OK to buy was given. There are a few 2012 Mustangs on lots right now! Here's a 2012 Lava Red on a lot!

8866486-2012-mustang-lava-pics-please-add-img_5804.jpg

Just for fun I started searching Ford dealer inventories useing the Ford website and to my suprise Boss Mustangs are appearing at the larger dealerships. These show window stickers but the cars have not arrived. I suspect the cars do not have buyers or perhaps they do but the dealer is looking for the highest buyer. I started by plugging in zip codes to the larger dealerships and it quickly became very interesting and I was very suprised who got cars..Something to help pass the time while we wait..Have Fun..

A quick note for 5.O; I believe last night I saw a Kona Blue comming to Folsom Ford in Sac. You might want to check it out when it arrives or give them a call..Enjoy..

Correction to last post; Folsom Ford has a red and black comming, but I did see a dealer in the Northern Cal area with a Kona Blue Boss comming but I cant remember the zip code that I used..

saltshaker said:
Just for fun I started searching Ford dealer inventories useing the Ford website and to my suprise Boss Mustangs are appearing at the larger dealerships. These show window stickers but the cars have not arrived. I suspect the cars do not have buyers or perhaps they do but the dealer is looking for the highest buyer. I started by plugging in zip codes to the larger dealerships and it quickly became very interesting and I was very suprised who got cars..Something to help pass the time while we wait..Have Fun..
Many of these cars will be sold. When I ran through the build tool I had to put in my zip code. It brought up inventory at my dealership. They show an inventory of 1 and they only have an allocation of 1 which is sold to me. It's already been built but not shipped, and was ordered with me listed as the buyer. I did find it peculiar that it showed up as available inventory though. It might be a useful process for buyers to at least identify dealers who have an allocation, but would obvioulsly need to call them to find out if it's unsold.

I checked my dealership and my order didnt show on inventory but that is most likely becuse no vin or window sticker has been issued yet.. A quick call to the dealerships can establish if indeed these cars are sold..I wouldn't expect to see them on inventory as this would be a process for finding a unit useing Fords system..Have Fun Guys..

One dealer in MN (Morries Minnetonka) shows a Kona Blue Boss on order on the official Ford vehicle website which included window sticker. Nothing on mine yet, but it's in the second round build anyway so that's not surprising. Anything more anyone has heard about possible delays because of a run on base 5.0 blocks needed for the F-150's? I thought I saw somewhere that was a rumor.

GA
saltshaker said:

My regular dealer has a CO Boss on Fleabay and is shooting for 5K ADM with a buy it now of 49, 465. So far no takers. They are getting two more and will probably do the same. I am not sure how long they are willing to hold out- they gave up after 3 weeks when I bought my Bullitt. I have been talking to another dealer that a Mustang club member's daughter works at, and she told me yesterday that they did not have an allocation for a Boss but that they could put in a retail order for one from a customer. I told her that I was not paying over MSRP and have not heard from her yet, so maybe they had other ideas.

TMO Supporting Vendors