The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Have Your GT350 Order Tracked Here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi jmbboss302,

I'm hoping for some good news that the railcar mechanical failure has been fixed and things are moving again? Any update to this?

Order Number: T102
Dealer Code: 53Y685
VIN: 1FA6P8JZ5H5524704

Thanks so much for the service you provide to all of us!

As of the May 24th update:

In Transit - Passing (Canadian National Railways) - Griffith, IN - ETA Start Date - ETA End Date Jun-01-2017 Jun-07-2017

Hello JMB,
WF0DP3TH1H4124800
is there any way to track these once they leave the factory? Thanks!

I can track it as long as there's updates posted, but you can't until it gets on a railcar.

As of the May 29th update:

In Transit - Shipped from Plant - Ford-werke Gmbh-saarlouis Assembly Plant - ETA Start Date TBD - ETA End Date TBD

Hi JMB. Just checked the CSX automated response on the location of railcar ETTX854213. It says "empty, released by customer".
Could you please check the status of
VIN 1FA6P8JZ1H5524795
thanks.
jim

As of the May 31st update:

In Transit - Delay-Conveyance Mechanical Failure - (Canadian National Railways) - Flarock, MI - ETA Start Date TBD - ETA End Date TBD

Hi JMB. Thanks. Do you know what "In Transit - Delay-Conveyance Mechanical Failure " means? Also, are they no longer showing a rail car number?
Thanks. I'm sure you can tell that the wait is killing me :(
1FA6P8JZ1H5524795

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Usually , whether Ford, Chrysler, GM , etc. this could mean there was a problem with the rail transport. Have had this happen where an engine broke down , or upon inspection or during a fresh hook up when the transport switched in a yard, they found a concern with the carrier. You can imagine the delay , as well as the necessity to switch the railcar.

Hope that helps , but imagine this is the issue?

Hi JMB. Thanks. Do you know what "In Transit - Delay-Conveyance Mechanical Failure " means? Also, are they no longer showing a rail car number?
Thanks. I'm sure you can tell that the wait is killing me :(
1FA6P8JZ1H5524795

It's still on the same Rail Car as posted earlier. As Bill mentioned, it can be anything train/rail car related.

TMO Supporting Vendors