The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Have Your GT350 Order Tracked Here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello jmbboss302,

My car is currently in transit and I'm trying to get an idea of where it is to see if I can
plan my flight. If you have a chance and wouldn't mind checking on it I'd really
appreciate it.

Order#1902
Dealer Code: F52015
Vin#1FATP8JZ1H5523911

Thanks again,
Cisco

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
jmbboss302 is a wealth of information for all of us , but keep in mind when he gives you an estimate of the time frame it will be there that it is only that. The reason I bring this up is most vehicles usually go to a holding area , and from then on it can depend on the trucking situations. We have 16 Dealerships and this is the one area of caution we discuss since sometimes we can wait for as much as two weeks for vehicles to leave the holding area. So my suggestion is to call your Dealer and ask him how close the estimates run on when their vehicles normally arrive --- some are trucked directly to some Dealerships , others are by rail and then by truck. Bringing this up only because it sounds like a flight is a definite to get your new Stang.

Hello jmbboss302,

My car is currently in transit and I'm trying to get an idea of where it is to see if I can
plan my flight. If you have a chance and wouldn't mind checking on it I'd really
appreciate it.

Order#1902
Dealer Code: F52015
Vin#1FATP8JZ1H5523911

Thanks again,
Cisco

As of today's update:

In Transit - Passing (Union Pacific Railroad ) - Pinblussw, AR - ETA Start Date Apr-19-2017 - ETA End Date Apr-23-2017

Railcar # ETTX850266 (Canadian National Railways )

jmbboss302,

I really appreciate you going out of your way to give these updates. My search for a
GT350 began over 18 months ago. I put down my deposit for this car along with a lot of faith over a year ago. It looks like my wait is nearly over.

Thanks so much,
Cisco

Hello, I have a couple questions for you guys. When I ordered my 350 on April 11th the dealer already had sold its allocation yet placed the order anyway and said to "keep our fingers crossed". I saw the order slip and received an order # (8035) and a dealer code of (71446 or 71v446) The status as of now is the old "unscheduled material hold". Is this in any way a form of confirmation? Has anyone experienced something similar? Thanks.

That means your order is in the system and waiting to be pulled for production.

Welcome to TMO.

Hello, I have a couple questions for you guys. When I ordered my 350 on April 11th the dealer already had sold its allocation yet placed the order anyway and said to "keep our fingers crossed". I saw the order slip and received an order # (8035) and a dealer code of (71446 or 71v446) The status as of now is the old "unscheduled material hold". Is this in any way a form of confirmation? Has anyone experienced something similar? Thanks.

As of the April 11th update:

In Order Processing - Unscheduled-Material Hold

This is how the Shelby Allocation works, as quoted from the Shelby GT350 Enrollment Form: "As a Shelby GT350 Certified Dealer, I will generate at least one Shelby GT350 allocation for the 2017 model year. After review of the number of Certified Shelby GT350 dealers, your Regional Office will notify Dealers if they are receiving any additional allocation based on: Retail Sales Share of Nation (Mustang)".

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
JMB,

This is valuable information to consumers , as it helps them understand that some Dealers have little chance of even getting a car in many years, as they sell few Mustangs , or they are not even certified.

MA
I hate to sound like a negative nancy, but it almost sounds like they don't have allocation, but they ordered it anyway. It might not ever get pulled for production unless the dealer gets an allocation. In theory, a dealer could order 100 GT350s, get a order number and a DORA, and never get a car. You might be better served to find a dealer with allocation, or a car in stock somewhere. sorry to tell you that, but at this stage of the 2017 model year, you might have to wait until MY2018

UMH will be the status until the regional rep manually submits it to detroit for production.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good info , but to clarify , " Unscheduled Allocation" is a term that is supposed to clarify for a Dealer that a vehicle is part of his allocation, but it has not been scheduled for build at this time. Week 18 , of Ford build is full at this time, hence it would show unscheduled until there is a build opening at the Plant. Unscheduled material hold is a different status and check with the Dealer again to get clarification?

Also , as I mentioned earlier, it is good to check and see if a Dealers sells many Mustangs, is a Shelby Certified Dealer , to help ascertain whether he really has a chance to get the car?

JMB is a wealth of info and just trying to add to his much more technical info than what I have, as believe part of what 93 Cobra is stating could be confusing, though much is good advice!

Last edited:
This emotional roller coaster is making me dizzy. I hope and pray it not a "to good to be true " situation. Im pretty partial to the current design, a 2018 would be not as cool to me at all. I even came up with a poem in anticipation. LOL.

OMG,
could it be
a GT350
for MSRP?

MA
Good info , but to clarify , " Unscheduled Allocation" is a term that is supposed to clarify for a Dealer that a vehicle is part of his allocation, but it has not been scheduled for build at this time. Week 18 , of Ford build is full at this time, hence it would show unscheduled until there is a build opening at the Plant. Unscheduled material hold is a different status and check with the Dealer again to get clarification?

Also , as I mentioned earlier, it is good to check and see if a Dealers sells many Mustangs, is a Shelby Certified Dealer , to help ascertain whether he really has a chance to get the car?

JMB is a wealth of info and just trying to add to his much more technical info than what I have, as believe part of what 93 Cobra is stating could be confusing, though much is good advice!

To my knowledge, "unscheduled allocation" is different than "unscheduled material hold"

EDIT: I see that you also said they were different. I'm not trying to be confusing, I was just pointing out that OP stated the dealer had sold their only allocation, and "keep our fingers crossed" likely means maybe he will get lucky and get another allocation. I would take it to mean that they sent the order and they "might" get another allocation. OP was also looking if this was a confirmation. I wouldn't consider it a confirmation, because a dealer can order anything and it will get UMH status, and never picked up. I hope that helps. I could go right now and have my guy order a 350R, get a DORA, and it would just sit on UMH indefinitely.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I did mention they were different, just not sure 17 model year is done --- as I mentioned , plenty of good stuff from all and probably should have specified your comment on build maybe not over for this year , as I really made it more confusing - whoops.

TMO Supporting Vendors