The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hawk DTC-70/DTC-60 vs OEM GT350 pads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have SPL front arms, so no vorshlag mode for me.
There is an SPL option for the deflectors.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Mirabel, Quebec, Canada
I have been running DTC 70/60 on my car for 8 track days and have had no issues with them. I have quite a bit left on the pads. They stop really well and my rotor wear looks good.
Two years later - are you still a fan of the DTC70/60 combo for your GT? I will take delivery of my 2022 mach1 HP in a week or so, and be hitting the track on 100-240 treadwear 305/315 tires about a month later. Im hesitating between a Hawk 70/60 or 60/30 combo, or perhaps an G-loc r18/r12.

Ive done about 8 seasons of general HPDE events and about 4 of those years as an instructor.

Your thoughts?

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Scottsdale
Yes, I am still on the same 70/60 set up. The pad wear is pretty even between the front and rear. Have a new set of pads and rotors for the front sitting in my office ready when needed. Will just need pads for the rear when ready. I am surprised on how long they have lasted but I may be easier on them then some of you all.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Mirabel, Quebec, Canada
Yes, I am still on the same 70/60 set up. The pad wear is pretty even between the front and rear. Have a new set of pads and rotors for the front sitting in my office ready when needed. Will just need pads for the rear when ready. I am surprised on how long they have lasted but I may be easier on them then some of you all.
Thanks you very much for the feedback. Nothing beats actual track experiences. This solidifies my decision.

I ran DTC70/60's on my previous track toy, ie, modded BMW 135i. My 135i was used for dual-duty but the suspension setup left to be desired. Its weight was about 600 Lbs less than the Mach1, it made about 400WHP, and ran on 255/35R18 square setup with 100-200TW tires most of the time.

I think I might go with your 70/60combo ...

TMO Supporting Vendors