The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hawk HPS Pads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I installed a set of front and rear Hawk HPS pads. The rear set did not have the clip on them to let you know when the pads are worn. Does anyone know if this is the way the Hawk pads are designed?

You should be able to feel when they are close to dead, they don't brake as well.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

I don't remember the stock rear pads having wear indicators (been a while since I removed the stock pads) do you mean the springs that are on the top of the pads?

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
dlsdj said:
Not the spring clips on top of the pads but the wear indicator on the inside pad so you know when the pads are worn.

That's called a squealer tab. It's not on all pads. I just went into the back to inspect the shape in Hawk and StopTech. Neither of the rear pads have it.

It's not 100% necessary, it just makes a little noise when it makes contact with the rotor for you to know when it's getting close to replacement time.

It's mostly common on front pads, it's not always on rear pads.

-Nick

TMO Supporting Vendors