The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hazard lights won't turn off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So, I was cutting wires going towards the center console area and I cut the wire that I presume goes to the hazard lights switch. Now, since my interior is gutted, I have no idea which that is out of the bundle sitting on the passenger side of the tunnel.

Anybody know how to turn the hazard lights off permanently? I have been combing the wiring diagrams but cannot find which two wires I need to solder together.

Any help would be great!

Oh damn. Never mind. I need to strip a bundle of 20 wires and trace them. All I wanted was to clean up more of the interior!!!!!!

Guys, wrap them up and hide them. Don't cut them if they are in a large bundle. It seems the wires go through and loop back and cutting would actually not only cut un-terminated wires but loops. Oh well, live and learn. @VoodooBoss ...you warned me!!!

I really don't know. But after I gutted everything and with a 6 point roll cage and half tank of fuel, I am at 3164 lbs. I figure with a full cage, that will add 75 pounds. Wiring was maybe 25 pounds. I only have wires going to the central tunnel box, instrument cluster, rear tail lights and fuel pump, gas tanks, and master on/off switch. I pretty much cut everything else at the source of the wire. The only problem I had was cutting the extra wires hanging off the loom going to the center tunnel box. I think it has to do with hazard lights, ignition cut-off and clutch detection. So, I just traced all wires back to find which loop I cute (6 of them) and soldered them together.

TMO Supporting Vendors