The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Head Cooling Mod?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Anybody using this heading cooling mod? Does it work well?

http://modularmustangracing.com.tempwebsite.net/cartgenie/prodinfo.asp?pid=634&cid=1

I've wondered that myself. Looks like it couldn't hurt.

Sesshomurai

One of my Mustang performance shops nearby brought it up to me before I told them it was already on my "look into" list, so I think I'm going to add this along with the cooltech oil cooler soon.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
I have it, but I bought it because it was a tick mark on a build sheet and thought what the hell.

I'm not sure to what degree it helps, other than now the CHT sensor is getting a sample of water from both sides of the motor. (likely nothing that the ECU and strategy on the motor was based around the fact it only samples the passenger side). The boss cars aren't known for grenading the number 8 pistons, which this mod is supposedly relieving by tying the coolant paths together as the head on the passenger side has more water movement around the back of it.

The parts themselves are solid, well machined and the hose fitting is no joke, I don't ever see an issue there. However, its a mod that's hard to collect good data on, but one I don't mind that I have.

Sesshomurai

Cool. Thanks man.

Did you have to pull/drop the motor or trans to install it?

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
darreng505 said:
Cool. Thanks man.

Did you have to pull/drop the motor or trans to install it?

MMR built my motor as pictured there, so it was already installed when the motor was delivered to me. But I've been told you can install it with engine in the car. It will be tight on the passenger side, but you just pop the freeze plugs out with a screwdriver, and slide the new units in. Its a close clearance to the crank trigger pickup, but you won't be removing that hopefully for anything (and if you do, usually the motor is out of the car).

TMO Supporting Vendors