The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Head temps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Arizona
Hey guys, on with another question

what should my cylinder head temps be? I live in Arizona so the heat is huge and I’m pretty sure it just gets heat soaked. But I’ll be cruising on the freeway around 65-80mph and the cylinder head temps run around 200-210. Is that normal? When I push the car to the max, I’ve seen it jump to around 240-245 and I know that’s extremely bad but it’ll just down really quick and stay around 215-220 and 220 is pushing it still. I’m just wondering if there is anything I can do to keep the temps down or if there is something else going on in the engine.

TMO Supporting Vendors